EyeTv 2/iMovie HD help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by A. Hutch, Sep 4, 2006.

1. A. Hutch macrumors newbie

I have recently come across a problem in EyeTV 2 and iMovie HD. When I export a tv show from EyeTv 2 to iMovie HD the clip in the projects Media Folder (not in the program iMovie itself, but where the actual project file is stored) is not broken up at all. That is not an issue in my mind. However, whenever I cut out commercials or something within iMovie, delete the clips, and empty the trash, the iMovie project window gets rid of the clips, but the hard drive doesn't. So in the iMovie media folder (the file on the hard drive, not inside the program itself) there is still one big clip without the edits I have made.
    This would not be a problem except I need the hard drive space. Does anybody know how to fix this bug? Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

2. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

MacFan25863

It's not a bug, its called "non-destructive editing". It's to prevent you from accidently deleting something while editing.

Best thing to do is to export to a full size DV file in iMovie, and then delete the project folder.