EyeTV 200, DVD Studio Pro 3, Final Cut Pro HD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by quidire, Aug 25, 2004.

1. quidire macrumors 6502

quidire

Hi there

Simple enough question, really. Can one use the recorded data from an EyeTV in any of the video manipulation programs listed above?

I received the following email from EyeTV support:
    Obviously the answer provided by Elgato is "no", but I am very curious as to what these "Mpeg program streams" are, and whether any plugins/standalone programs exist to converting these streams into formats the Production Suite can use.

Thanks!
    -RS

2. quidire thread starter macrumors 6502

quidire

Reply from Elgato!

(my reply to Elgato)
    (from Elgato Customer Support to me)
    :eek: :eek: :D

So it seems that this problem is very temporary, at which point I have material to play with in Production Suite!!!

It seems I chose the perfect time to switch!
    -RS

3. quidire thread starter macrumors 6502

quidire

Ideas for projects?

Posting on one's own thread is the height of poor taste! :rolleyes:

That having been said, a question for all of you:

Assuming (or pretending) that you have EyeTV and the Production Suite, (and assuming copyright issues have been resolved to the satisfaction of the rights holders) what projects would you embark upon? Be creative! :D

• Create a screensaver out of various pithy quotes and memorable scenes in movies/tv
    • Raw record a vast amount of news coverage, and release a DVD containing clips that demostrate the varying biases and approaches used by the news channels (down with FOX!)
    • Reprise the screensave idea but w/ various forms of eyecandy (more well-known action scenes, *ahem* Other forms of eyecandy, etc). It may become possible to have a collection of competing screensavers using video footage manipulated by Motion!
    • MST3K treatment for (well, anything) but specifically the presidential debates