EyeTV 250 DIED!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TheSpaz, Feb 11, 2007.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

This morning I noticed that the power light on my EyeTV 250 is no longer lighting up. So I figured I accidentally unplugged it but, it was in fact plugged in. Then I checked to see if the USB cable was still plugged in (which it was). So then, before I panicked, I unplugged the power and USB and plugged them back in... still no light. So then I shut down the computer, rebooted and tried again... still nothing. About now, I'm thinking the thing is dead... but, I still wanted to see if it was the computer or the EyeTV 250, so I tried a totally different computer... still nothing. So then I tried a different USB cable I had lying around to make sure the USB was working... still nothing. So then I tried a different power cord that had the same specs as the original power cord and still got nothing.

So all in all, I'm declaring this thing dead.

Does anyone know what I should do? I've only had it for about a month now and I bought it at the online Apple Store (which doesn't accept returns for non-Apple products). So my only other option is to go through Elgato Systems but, I didn't see any place on their site about returning products. Anyone know what I should do?

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193