EyeTV 250

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by D3LM3L, Apr 29, 2006.

1. D3LM3L macrumors regular

D3LM3L

Hey I'm getting ready to purchase an EyeTV 250 to connect my digital cable and consoles to. Just a couple questions...

1) How does it perform in Game Mode on say, a 20"/23" ACD? Is the picture really fuzzy?

2) Does EyeTV stretch out the incoming video all over the screen or leave "black bars" to keep the screen aspect correct?

3) Since Gran Turismo 4 supports 720p and 1080i modes (and can be manually activated), could I enable it on my 23" ACD and have an HD image?

Thank you!

EDIT: I see it's not coming out till May 15- how about EyeTV EZ owners? Could you answer these questions (since the tech specs are pretty similar)?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

You may or may not know that the 250 isn't shipping for a few weeks, so it's unlikely anyone can give you definitive answers right now. :)

I can say, though, that you can't get HD video through it (just looking at the specs).

3. rspeaker macrumors 6502

Yeah, it's not coming out for another 10 days still. But who ISN'T excited?! From what I read earlier, if you're concerned about black bars, make sure when you're recording, you set the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 16:9 (don't leave it on "auto.") As for GT4... it looks gorgeous in SD... do you really NEED HD? And as the person prior said, I don't think the 250 supports HD anyhow.

4. FireArse macrumors 6502a

need HD & DTT!!!

I saw this last week - but it is only available to analogue TV - pretty much a waste of time in the UK (they'll turn off the terrestrial signals in 2010?)

When the brng out a HD version - then I'll be screaming as I hook up my SNES or soon to purchase 360 to my 23!

Cannot wait - Bring it on EyeTV!

F