eyeTV DVD quality?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zamwi, Feb 20, 2007.

1. zamwi macrumors newbie

I just picked up an eyeTV Hybrid earlier this month and I love it. I have been recording everything and my hard drive is beginning to fill up.

I've never been a big fan of watching this stuff on on my iPod, but am thinking of putting it on DVD by show. I was wondering if anyone knows how the quality looks on TV?

2. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

My brother has an eyeTV hybrid -- at Christmas this year we watched DVD's burned from eyeTV output, and files from his hard drive, on a Standard TV (old style crt type tv -- not lcd, plasma, or projection) and the output looked great --near dvd quality for Star Trek, etc. Source of broadcast makes a difference, by the way.

3. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

How To Compress Digital EyeTV Broadcast Recordings To Small mp4 Files That Look Great

I'm an EyeTV Expert due to full time long time use (retired HDTV addict). I archive all my recordings with Toast then Handbrake to make great iPod compatible mp4 files that also look great on my 40" Samsung LCD HDTV. I recently wrote a great tutorial on how to make these files so you can reduce a digital hour show with commercials edited out from 4.5GB down to 350mb each.

Here's the link to my tutorial on how to make great mp4 files from EyeTV digital recordings.