Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Axegrinder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
Preston
Has anybody ever experienced a problem with the export option in EyeTV software? I export a recording as an MPEG Program Stream but when I try to watch it the video jumps every few seconds cutting out a few frames although the sound plays perfectly.

I usually export to a program stream so I can then run it through VisualHub to make an AVI for my Cowon A2 and its worked great the last few times I've done it. Its made swicthing from a PC worthwhile as it took ages on a PC with a lot of messing to get things right, but now its broke! :(

This has only just started happening. It was okay before I updated to 2.3

Can somebody with EyeTV do an export to program stream for me and see what happens?

Thanks

Super Macho Man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2006
Hollywood, CA
This has happened to me and others as well. I was using EyeTV 2.2 at the time. There is no fix that I know of.

The workaround I use that is marginally less convenient is to open the EyeTV transport stream (the .mpg file within the .eyetv package in the EyeTV recordings folder) inside MPEG Streamclip, and use that to trim and export. MPEG Streamclip allows for more precise trimming and is pretty flawless. But it is a little less convenient. And it requires the $20 Apple MPEG-2 component.

Maybe email Elgato about it and keep an eye on this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=6935421&editor+AND+skips#post6935421

I'm Gopher In Heat on the AVS Forum.

P.S. Are you having this problem with the EyeTV 500?

Axegrinder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
Preston
Thanks for the reply. I had the feeling I might be the only one with this problem. I decided to take drastic steps and do a complete reinstall of OS X and then just try EyeTV again with the update prior to 2.3. Strange thing is it's still broke! :eek: Weird!

I've contacted Elagato but I won't hold my breath.

I too have tried taking the mpeg file from within the EyeTV package hoping VisualHub would encode it without problems but unfortunately the sound is out of sync. :(

BTW, I have a Miglia TVMini

Super Macho Man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2006
Hollywood, CA
Axegrinder said:
Thanks for the reply. I had the feeling I might be the only one with this problem. I decided to take drastic steps and do a complete reinstall of OS X and then just try EyeTV again with the update prior to 2.3. Strange thing is it's still broke! :eek: Weird!

I've contacted Elagato but I won't hold my breath.

I too have tried taking the mpeg file from within the EyeTV package hoping VisualHub would encode it without problems but unfortunately the sound is out of sync. :(

BTW, I have a Miglia TVMini
It might be the case that it was broken before 2.3 and you just didn't notice it, because this problem has definitely been around for a while. The audio & video are muxed (and in sync) within the EyeTV .mpg file, and I know that MPEG Streamclip always preserves sync, except on damaged streams, so that makes me think that your problem with audio & video going out of sync might be the fault of VisualHub. (I've never used VisualHub, so I don't know.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.