EyeTV for Canadians (recording straight from widget soon!)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vd0t, Feb 28, 2006.

1. vd0t macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2005
    For those out there who have the EyeTV or planning to get one (especially now that the new Mac minis are out!).. check this out..

It's a widget called Couch Potato. You can view your TV listings on there and the author is even planning to add the ability to record shows straight from the widget! So soon, we will be able to set automatic scheduled recordings straight from the widget :) The only hurdle right now is the author does not have an EyeTV unit yet so he's asking for donations in order to save enough money to purchase one (the widget is free to use though).

BTW.. for those who don't know, the EyeTV software (even 2.0.1) does NOT support Canadian TV listings. That's why I think this piece of software/widget is a great step in the right direction.

The all important link:

2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    How much is eyetv in Canadian $ ?

Is it just software? or does it come with a device?
  3. vd0t thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2005
    It's $299 at Elgato store ($199 refurbished). In $US.
    Apple Store Canada has it for $449. I little too much I think!
    It's an external TV tuner box with software. Software is great but doesn't support Canadian listings. Which is where I think this widget steps in. And if he gets enough supporters, he'll even add EyeTV recording straight from the widget. Now that would be awesome!
  4. pmcmvp macrumors member

Jul 28, 2009
    i notice this is an old thread but does the eyetv 250 support canadian listings now?
  5. entatlrg macrumors 68040

Mar 2, 2009
    Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
    I have the same questions, how is EyeTV working in Canada now?
  6. mac&cheesey macrumors 6502

Dec 21, 2008
    listings info

I have been using an eyetv 250 plus for almost one year now. Canadian listings have been supported for some time now. I get mine through TV Guide. My TV Guide account (one year for free as I recall) is linked to my eyetv3 software and the program info comes up as it should. No problems, no hiccups, just enjoyment and ease of use.