EyeTV for DTT - Encrypted?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LastLine, Jan 13, 2006.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

Hi, received my EyeTV today (Terratec T2) and have managed to pick up a number of channels, however I have a problem in so far as they all show a black screen saying encrypted. Can anyone offer any advice on this please?

2. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

That's a symptom of a weak signal. Get a booster or better, plug in a roof aerial.

3. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

Good call.

So now I've tuned it a couple of times I have duplicates of some channels. Any easy way to wipe the slate clean and start again?

4. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

Hmm. Couldn't tell you without being in front of my Mac (at home). I think you go to Setup assistant within EyeTV. If that doesn't help, find your archive folder (it tells you in preferences) and trash all the files in that. then re-scan.

5. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

All fixed when I got the roof aeriel working

Got a small question about tvtv - how do I set a TV show to record the full series? I know I can set it to record weekly through the eyeTV software, but where a show runs Tuesday/Thursday for example it's difficult (think like Coronation street or Eastenders.) is there an easy way of this? I've not managed to find it.

6. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

Not sure if this is possible. If you recently bought your hardware, you should be eligible for a free upgrade to the latest version, EyeTV 2.0. I haven't looked at it too closely yet but it may be a feature in this new version. Get it here. You will need your proof of purchase card that is in the box. NB. It requires Tiger.