EyeTV for DTT: no signal after sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dops7107, Jan 18, 2006.

1. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

Is anyone else having this problem?

Say the Mac goes to sleep, with the EyeTV 2.0 software open. When it wakes up - either due to a scheduled recording or when I come back - the signal is unavailable. This means that scheduled recordings do not take place, and I get a recording of zero seconds and zero bytes. The software effectively crashes, and I have to force quit it or repeatedly select "quit" from the dock icon. Signal can be restored by remaking the USB connection.

This happened with 1.84 as well. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Has anyone worked out what conditions might trigger the loss of signal?

2. bgd macrumors regular

I had problems with this as well. My solution was to close EyeTV before the machine sleeps. If I want to record something out of hours I don't put the machine to sleep.

3. dops7107 thread starter macrumors 6502a

dops7107

Thanks, I'll give that a try (closing before shutting down). But not sure if I understand what you mean by not putting the machine to sleep "out of hours" - i.e. if it will work from sleep if you close EyeTV, then why not put it to sleep whenever?

4. bgd macrumors regular

I normally have my machine set to go to sleep each night. If I'm going to record a programme at say 2am I turn off the sleep option so the machine stays awake and the recording happens.