EyeTV Hybrid and wii with 480p?

Discussion in 'Games' started by afornander, Nov 28, 2006.

1. afornander macrumors 6502

can i use a EyeTV Hybrid for playing Wii and get 480p on my 17" iMac?:confused:

2. ziutek macrumors member

Nope, eyetv hybrid only has s-video and composite inputs (no component inputs which displays 480p).

3. stagecustom macrumors regular

isn't 480p just SD resolution's (so in other words 600 x 400 for example)?

4. afornander thread starter macrumors 6502

OK, ONE LAST QUESTION, IF A TV HAS Component INPUT, IT SHOULD HAVE 480p right?:confused:
    for example, here

no... uhhh, notice its 600 x 400 i think it has to be at least 480

5. afornander thread starter macrumors 6502

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i think that's right, but not positive. and it's 640 x 480

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't know if the Hyrbid supports it, but my EyeTV for DTT supports upconversion of 576i to 576p. It does say "requires a fast Mac" under the progressive scan options though.

8. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

Component != Progressive

Definitely not. I have a DLP projector and while it will do progressive using the VGA input, it only supports interlaced video via the component inputs.

Doesn't really matter to be honest because the built in video scaler and deinterlacer does such a nice job you can't tell the difference between interlaced and progressive material anyway.

Same goes for the EyeTV Hybrid, 480i S-video will be deinterlaced by the software anyway so it should also look nice. Deinterlacing material which was originally progressive is pretty easy. The only down side is that the chroma resolution on an S-video connection isn't going to be as good as a straight component connection would be but it should still be vastly better than using the composite connection.