EyeTv Hybrid Gameplay Recording

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by HBRedRider, Nov 26, 2006.

1. HBRedRider macrumors newbie

Hey, I was wondering if I could use the Eyetv hybrid to record xbox 360 gameplay. However, I want to play it off my tv like normal, and just record with my computer. I have a MacBook and I am having trouble finding a good recording system. Would the Hybrid be a good choice for this task or is there something better I could use?

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

The hybrid should do just fine. Just make sure you dont get anything with hardware encoding or any hardware encoding product without a gaming mode.

To see it on the TV as well, you'll want to use an RF Modulator to turn the Component cables into a regular coaxial connection. Then, use a cable splitter and run one of the split sides to the TV, and the other to the Hybrid.

Kevin

3. HBRedRider thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply, but with that it is getting kind of expensive. I was already concerned about the price without the extra $20-$40 or so. Are there any cheaper or simpler alternatives than the hybrid to accomplish the same goal?

4. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

hmm, You could try the Miglia TV Micro.. I'm not sure though how high quality you wanted to record the gameplay in. Tis' at least worth looking into.

:)

5. HBRedRider thread starter macrumors newbie

well I am just exploring my options right now. I don't really need the best quality. I just want some simple gameplay videos to record clan matches and some other cool stuff. With the Miglia, would I have to buy the other equipment as well?

6. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Yes, unfortuntately. Here is a little diagram of the optimal setup for what you want to do.. (Whipped up in PS in 5 minutes :) ) On the other hand, all of these extra things can be had for very cheap online or at something like RadioShack.

[​IMG]

7. HBRedRider thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for cleaing that up. Sounds good to me but I am going to look around a bit for some cheaper ones, now that I know how to set it up and what is required.

8. HBRedRider thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh and does that work with my Component HD AV Cable. I would like to keep the same HD video quality on my tv.

9. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

hmm, Good Question. To tell you the truth, I have no idea whether a Coaxial Cable can maintain HD quality. Someone else may know the answer.

Good Luck!

Kevin

10. HBRedRider thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I read that it can't maintain dvd quality so i am pretty sure it won't maintain hd quality. :(

Now i have no idea what to do again.