EyeTV Hybrid work as VHS to DVD?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Donz0r, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Jun 29, 2006
    I can do this...right?

I know that officially elgato says that you should use the 250 for vhs to dvd making but I'm not really sure why...

By the way I have a macbook 2.0ghz 2.0gb if that helps.

The Hybrid can do everything that the 250 can do except the "VHS Assistant" software according to my understanding, it just uses the pc's processor instead of converting the signal itself.

So would the hybrid be great for vhs to dvd, recording tv shows to an external hdd (usb)?
    Or can you recommend any other devices? I really love the simplicity of the eyetv software
  2. Donz0r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 29, 2006
  3. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    I've used the Hybrid to transfer short segments to DVD via EyeTV/Toast. It worked fine. However, I can't vouch for longer segments, which might have audio sync issues (or not... I just don't know).
  4. manhattanboy macrumors 6502a

Jan 25, 2007
    In ur GF's bed, Oh no he didn't!
    you need to input the VHS into the screen (e.g. like channel 3 or 4 from the VCR), hit record until its done (choose best quality) and then hit the toast button (as long as it is less than 1.5 hours then a single DVD should do).
    Inside toast make sure you choose burn as a media/video and have a DVD-r inserted to assist you.
    If long, use the edit fxn in eyetv and export a clip of an hour to burn with toast
  5. Donz0r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 29, 2006
    Thank you, all of my common sense told me it would work but elgato makes no mention of this ability for the hybrid, but does for the 250 thats why I was confused. Thanks