EyeTV + other TV adapter?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tektonnic, Mar 29, 2006.

1. tektonnic macrumors 6502

tektonnic

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice here, correct me if I am wrong but EyeTV is the viewing and PVR software which works on OS X and comes with pre-approved DVB TV tuners to work on the mac.

Now if I got the eyetv software and used any old £30 USB DVB TV Tuner, which there appear to be a plethora of now would that work, or is there some opensource malarky to fix it or what?

Suggestions please...

ta, Tom.

2. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

By the time you've paid for EyeTV you may as well get a tuner bundled with it. Apple Store UK are doing the Miglia on offer at the moment.

You are planning on paying for EyeTV, right? ;)

3. tektonnic thread starter macrumors 6502

tektonnic

of course, i didnt think the software alone would be that expensive though, and i might be able to save a couple of quid by putting it all together myself!

4. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

EyeTV 2.1 is normally 79euros (£55), but it's on offer at 49euros (£34) from www.elgato.com at the moment.

I recently got hold of a Miglia TVMini and it's been pretty good for 70 odd quid with EveTV 2.1 included.

When it comes to PVRs the software is everything. I wouldn't try and hack something together yourself to save a few pence, it just isn't worth it when it fails to record your favourite show.