EyeTV Software and the EPG

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Axegrinder, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Axegrinder macrumors regular

Axegrinder

I'm using this with my TVMini and intel iMac. I've had these about four weeks now and I am so glad i made the switch! However, over the last few days the program guide has not fully populated and there are quite a few blanks. I've tried manually updating the guide numerous times but nothing has changed. It's still blank in places.

Has anybody encountered this before? Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing it.

Thanks

2. nyzrox macrumors member

[OFFTOPIC]
    Are you using the arial that was supplied?
    [/OFFTOPIC]

3. Axegrinder thread starter macrumors regular

Axegrinder

no. I run it off an outdoor arial. I have no problems picking up the channels and until a few days ago no problem with the EPG. Now its certain programs that are missing. Portions of the schedule are blank.

4. nyzrox macrumors member

Damn, sorry i can help you man.
    I dont have a freeview arial on roof, but i have the little supplied arial and a direct cable line, and get no channels on either arial, i know cable line works as ntl box decodes every single channel on it.

Sorry to ruin thread mate

5. Axegrinder thread starter macrumors regular

Axegrinder

no problem :)

I guess I'll try uninstalling and then reinstalling the software unless anyone else has any suggestions?

6. MisterEd macrumors 6502

Wow, thats weird. I just came in here about to post EXACTLY the same problem as you. I'm running EyeTV2 with an intel iMac, and over the last few days I've had a load of gaps in my EPG. I've tried reinstalling and everything, but no luck. In a way I'm glad someone else has the same problem!
    Are you using the tvtv guide?

Thanks
    Ed

7. y0zza macrumors regular

Indeed, I have been experiencing the same problem.

The blanks only appear with the tvtv EPG. I have switched all channels over to the over-the-air DVB EPG and everything is back to normal again, albeit without the additional material that's in the tvtv EPG.

8. Axegrinder thread starter macrumors regular

Axegrinder

Yep, I'm using the tvtv guide also.

I've discovered though that if you attempt to update the guide from within the preferences of the EyeTV software by clicking the "Update Now" buton, it responds with:

Update refused by server (too many requests)

Perhaps when they sort that out the EPG will be back to normal.

9. MisterEd macrumors 6502

Yeah I guess its a server based problem then and its not updating properly.
    Oh well for now I'll have to use the DVB for the guide :rolleyes:

10. MisterEd macrumors 6502

UPDATE: Just thought I'd post this for people who are having the same problem. I emailed tech support and this is what they said:

Thank you for contacting Elgato Systems.

A few TVTV users in the UK have mentioned this issue with the Program Guide.

I think that there were changes on TVTV's end, in the past week or so, that are causing this.

That is a theory. We will have to research further.

So, we appreciate your patience while we investigate. Until then, you can use the TVTV website to schedule, or you can manually schedule using the New button in EyeTV's Schedule section.

Nick Freeman
    Customer Support

Elgato Systems LLC

11. mattyjlanger macrumors newbie

EPG missing info

I have a nearly full list of channels in the channel section, but a large amount don't appear in the program guide section. Is it a software problems/hardware??