EyeTV to a DVD disc

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by StokeLee, Oct 7, 2005.

1. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

bearing in mind this is just like using a VCR, to record a show and watch it later, whatever is on tv, and put it dvd,
    but I recorded 2 hours ish, and it was 3.5 gig,, then try to export it for idvd, and it was like 35 gig, same for imovie etc, , why is it this big????

2. szark macrumors 68030

szark

iDVD (and iMovie) only accept video input in DV format.

EyeTV's export to iDVD will convert your recorded video from MPEG-2 into DV, which increases the size. Then iDVD will reconvert it back to MPEG-2 when you burn the project to DVD.

I really wish that Apple would allow iDVD to import MPEG-2 format movies. :mad:

3. StokeLee thread starter macrumors 6502

StokeLee

Theres a word AHHHHHHHHHH, i get you, i didnt get to the point where i go to burn it to dvd, cuz it was huge

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Why do you need to export it to iDVD all you needed to do was "Burn with Toast" or don't you have Toast installed?

5. StokeLee thread starter macrumors 6502

StokeLee

To take out the adverts, i know the software on eyetv can do that too,,, but just takes AGES

6. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

as a fellow eye tv owner, I recommend you buy toast. there is a handy "export to toast" option in eye tv. you can then burn them no problem on a dvd.

7. StokeLee thread starter macrumors 6502

StokeLee

Ive got toast, can you author with toast, like cut out the adverts?

8. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

I do my editing directly in Eye TV. Pull up your program on the EyeTV Programs screen, and click on the 'edit' button. Then export after you edited out the comercials.

I don't believe that ability exists in Toast though...

9. HydroMan macrumors 6502

HydroMan

Yes I agree m-dogg, I do all my editing using EyeTV, it's quite simple and fast once you get used to it, I don't believe it's as slow as you think (StokeLee) if you wanted to take the ads out using other software this would take a long time as you would have to export the file and then edit it and then compress it (re: szark) to burn on DVD which will take hours more to do, EyeTV's software is ok (not great), use that to edit your recording then export to Toast which will be much quicker than faffing about with other software.