EyeTV upgrade to version 2 and beyond...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by alexprice, Sep 5, 2006.

1. alexprice macrumors 6502a

I'm a owner of an EyeTV 400 DTT box, when I bought it in early 2005 is cost me a over £200, its alot right?

Now i'm told that if I wish to upgrade to the latest version of the EyeTV software, I will have to pay for it.

This seems a little unfair, i'm tempted to call them up and complain.

My question is, am I wrong in thinking that this is a little unfair? Or should I call them and complain.

The thing that annoys me the most was that it cost so much in the first place.

Thanks.

2. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

I only paid £99 for the EyeTv DTT and am still miffed a having to fork out for an upgrade, especially as the software was not that great in the first place.

They did offer reduced rates to previous owners though.

Let me know how you get on. We can form a class action law suit :p

Great product though. Come on elgato... free updates you cheap-skates

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It's time to get real. You decided at the point that you bought the product that it was worth the money being charged for it (if you did not then you would not have bought it at all). You got the product advertised and the price advertised. Elgato have no obligation to give you a better product for free over a year later. You still have what you paid for.

Will Apple give you a free upgrade to Leopard? No. It's the same situation.

4. Queso macrumors G4

Come on people. Would you complain to Apple that you bought a new Mac eighteen months ago and they won't give you the new iLife for free?

Version 2 is worth the money but if you don't want to spend the cash your EyeTV hasn't stopped working suddenly. Either cough up or stay on the (still working) old version. It's up to you.