eyeTV with core 2 imac ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Drewnrupe, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Drewnrupe macrumors newbie

Hi

Is anyone using EyeTV with the new Core 2 processors, any problems ?

I had an eyeTV 200 on a G4 700 running eyeTV 2.3.1 and it was perfect , never had a problem, I have now moved this to my new monster iMac and something is messing up. It runs fine for a while ( average half an hour but varies, then suddenly just loses the signal. The only option is to disconnect it exit the software and reconnect the unit and everything is fine - untill you try and record again when the same thing happens.

I dont know if this is just some obscue configuration issue but the setup is very similar , and having spent hours trying to get Parallels to run only to discover the new chips required an upgrade I am wondering if this could be a similar issue.

Any Ideas ? I am getting frustrated !!!

I ran the Mac as a second machine for about a year befoere deciding to convert my main machine , i have now had to reset this machine (which ROCKS when it is working) more times than I EVER did the G4 - what with parallels needing an update, CIsco VPN screwing EVERYTHIGN in sight up and now my EYETV not working - very frustrating having convinced myself that the cost of the Mac was totally made up for by the fact that "it just works"

Thanks

Drew

2. regan2 macrumors member

have you contacted elgato? they have top-notch support; literally getting replies minutes after sending. they may know of something or can help you figure out what's causing the instability.

3. Drewnrupe thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, I emailed them yesterday

I hvae found their suport a bit hit and miss - either immediate or takes a couple of days.

gave them most of the day before posting - getting impatient now:)

Drew

4. Drewnrupe thread starter macrumors newbie

Not machine issue

Just wanted to clarify that this turned out to be a firewire issue , putting the disk on the same FW port as the eyeTV has sorted .