Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Anoi, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Anoi macrumors member

May 18, 2006

I'm having random thoughts about replacing my Media Centre PC with a Mac. I'm not sure it's that viable yet, but i'd like to take the first step and find out about this EyeTV product (for DTT). I'm also looking to get one for my parents Mini if it's good enough.

I've looked around, and there doesn't appear to be a great many screenshots of the application in use. For the intended use it will not be controlled via anything other than a remote, and will be used on a TV. If anyone has any screenshots of it in action, or opinions on it in general that would be greatly appreciated.

2. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

Sep 20, 2006
    US of A

It is a fantastic app and VERY user friendly.

I LOVE it!
  3. rspeaker macrumors 6502

Jan 1, 2006
    Second that. EyeTV has great software, very easy to use, very intuitive. I don't know there is a better alternative....

For screenshots/using it on TV, consider the following site:

4. Anoi thread starter macrumors member

May 18, 2006
    Is it any good for remote control / TV use ONLY. By that i mean, no keyboard/mouse use, and not being close to the screen. I've heard that it's not really that great at the yet, but i'm not sure if that's true or not as the screenshots on their website aren't the best.
  5. iW00t macrumors 68040

Nov 7, 2006
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    Well, it is not really that great as you said.

It is very very nice for scheduling shows and watching recordings for though, on the PC side I used a similar product from Nebula and EyeTV just blows it plain away.
  6. TJIrwin macrumors member

Oct 2, 2006
    London, UK
    I use mine all the time with the remote. It's fine. Admittedly it's easier to schedule recording direct on the computer itself, but then any visual interface with a mouse is going to be easier at the end of the day.

When it comes to moving round channels, selecting recordings to watch, and geberal viewing the remote is fine.