F/A 18 Hornet.

Discussion in 'Games' started by carlsbergbeer, Feb 28, 2005.

1. carlsbergbeer macrumors newbie

I had this on an old Mac Performa or something, loved it. I played it all the time. I just remembered about it and what like to find it? I saw the new version is out, but I want to play the game I played a bunch of years ago. Probably mid 90s or a little later.

2. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

omg, that brings back memories. :rolleyes:
    Think i have it laying around @ the parental house on a 40 Mb syquest cartridge (together with hellcats :D ).

I did like that game

3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

This was one of the first computer games I played when I was younger. I remember playing it on my 33 MHz Performa back in the day. It's still probably one of my favorite games.

Here is the new one:

http://www.graphsim.com/games-oif.html

now, OS X compatible. I might just have to order it and a new joystick...:)

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The OSX version is practically EXACTLY the same as the old versions though which is a bit of a shame really. Not that the originals were bad, I loved them, it's just that for the money, I'd hope for some advancements. :)

5. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

I still have Graphsim's Hornet 2.0 (including the Korea expansion pack). Unfortunately, they don't work on OS 9. You would probably need OS 8 to play these today. I also have the newer F/A-18 Korea Gold (includes Hornet 3.0 for free), which I still play on occasion. I'm really looking forward to trying the new OIF package...maybe when the price goes down a few bucks.

Click here to download many old Mac flight sims.

[edit note]It seems like the above site is still missing a lot of software from their recent crash. :(