F.B.I. Watched Activist Groups, New Files Show

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Dec 19, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You know, for as bad as we thought Bush was, I never actually thought it would get this bad. I mean, he's done some pretty despicable things... but this is like some sort of paranoid fantasy. Didn't they bring Nixon down for trying to cover up the same type of thing? You think if we get a few more Dems in Congress he'll be impeached?

President Hastert maybe? Cuz we all know if Bush is going down, so is Cheney. Maybe he'll just be the fall guy, but there aren't a lot of those left and there are a lot of crimes.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Lets just create the police state , let everyone spy on everyone and soon we can be just like Nazi Germany! or Communist China!

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Fascinating, in a horrific kind of way: it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

5. iGary Guest

iGary

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I'm only surprised how bad all these people are at being crooks and war criminals: they leave their dirty little fingerprints all over the shop.

7. iGary Guest

iGary

It's been going on since the 40's.

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Indeed. But they used to be slightly more careful.

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Oh, we've been through this all before alright -- during the long, dark days of J. Edgar Hoover, when everyone who opposed government policy was under suspicion and subject to FBI surveillance. Chalk me up as one person who thought, or at least hoped, that Hooverism would never return.

10. iGary Guest

iGary

Yeah, and those dresses. :eek:

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Boy were you wrong on that one, all it took was an excuse and terrorism was the excuse to go after the American. Remember your with us or against us? 47% of the country? Everyone should pay close attention to the Republicans. Imagine if we had more republicans in congress, trampling our Constitution and destroying our freedoms and libertys in the quest for Bin Laden or at least the appearence of going after him. The president seems to support torture,wants to spy on americans,take away our rights and libertys and what else? If we had a democrat ran congress this president would be gone! done over. 3 more years of George and the deferral gang is going to suck.

Bush,Cheney,Libby,Rowe,Hastert all have one thing in common, during vietnam they didnt show up. Patriots? or something else.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No it doesn't. That doesn't mean I'm any less pissed about it. Should a lack of surprise equate to a lack of caring?