F.D.A. Dismisses Medical Benefit From Marijuana

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Apr 20, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

ny times

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Well, someone's high.

BTW, look forward to Cannibitrol arriving soon, by the good people at Merck. Sadly, side effects could include nausea, erectile dysfunction and irony.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Govt and the drug companies are wanting folks to pay up for the drugs they push, ignoring the medical benefits that can come from this plant is just more of the same hypocritical behavior coming out of govt on everything. The Feds are hypocrits on everything from weed to borders to energy to pharmaceuticals,Iraq, global warming etc. The truth will be squelched and replaced with lies paid for by business who have something to gain. Why it bothers these neocons so bad if someone lights up is just neocon control. Its not about if it helps someone its about control and power. Our Federal Govt has become a...................ClusterF... on everything it gets involved in.

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

*********** Congress bends over for the pharmaceutical companies when it comes to ephedrine and pseudoephedrine and allows the methamphetamine epidemic to explode; 1,400,000 Americans are using crystal meth now, and it's still spreading.

But cancer and AIDS patients can't have a little weed.

Spineless hypocritical sellouts.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

So backwards, i really think more control should be taken back from the feds on everything and given back to the states , i mean like what dont they screw up other then dropping bombs? we saw it in Katrina and we see it on the stupid antimarijuana laws. We see it everyday with millions of mexicans strolling through, we saw it in the whitehouse yesterday with China's communist leader and them not even announcing the country correctly and yet we want these guys to have complete say so over the states and everything they do.:confused:

6. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Other countries appear to think differently about the benefits... and in fact, have already started to make pill forms.

( I would think this is due to the american drug companies wanting to push more expensive forms of drugs ).

7. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    only when philip morris or pfizer control the market will marijuana be approved for medicinal use.

like everything else with our government..it's all about the $$$$

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

This is outright abuse of power. How do we get our government back?

9. katchow macrumors 6502

any particular reason the FDA chose 4/20 to make this announcement? :p

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Vote out every incumbant, wouldnt that piss off big business & the partys:) We really need a govt by the people , not the republic crap we got going on.

12. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I remember hearing (on Bill Maher iirc), that although public approval of Congress is only around 30%, re-election rates are close to 99%.

It was suggested that this stems from the fact that people agree with the identification of a problem, but think their representative is good - the exception.

I believe the analogy given was "the school system sucks, but my kid's a genius" linbe of thinking.

I believe that people don't want to psychologically admit that they made a mistake or are part of the problem. Or they just don't care. The Political system exploits this.

Bottom line. Incumbants are going to stay around a while.

13. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

By Davis Sweet, from Huffpost