F.E.A.R.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Macamus Prime, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Macamus Prime macrumors regular

Just played the demo,......

::shivers::

OH MY GOD,....

Very spooky and scary! If you have a decent PC, download it and give it a try. I will admit, the control is kind of flaky. The rag doll physics of the people you kill fall in a very strange manner - sometime they don't fall. They just die and stand there,... dead.

Im sure the bugs will be worked out.

Eitherway, if you want to get scared sh*tless, try the demo out. I don't want to spoil it for you, but you know how the cliche of a spooky little ghost child is running around giggling and what not - its done here, but its done really really really well. And its only a demo.

2. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

yea i heard it was supposed to be GREAT, i'm just waitin fer my new PC ( :( couldn't afford mac/wanted games) to arrive, that'll be the first thing i dl

3. tikibangout macrumors regular

tikibangout

Thank god I still have my trusty PC set aside for gaming. P4 2.8GHz, 6600GT, 1GB RAM. I loved the multiplayer beta, and i'm about to download this. I can't wait for the full release, only a couple more months. That is, if they don't delay again.

4. Haberdasher macrumors regular

Guys been to the ladder yet? ;)

...I almost pooed my pants. :(

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

oh god i can't stand acronyms. im in a bad situation with my PC though. my fairly decent video card (Radeon 9600 pro) doesn't work with my TFT monitor and swapping monitors is a huge deal as the wiring runs all over the place. BUT as soon as my parents are gone on holiday this demo is mine ;)

would it run on a 2Ghz P4 with a Radeon 9600 Pro? hmm...

6. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Another A.C.R.O.N.Y.M. game. Boring, arcade action with flashy graphics and a Japanese horror film plot.

Sloppy controls, buggy physics, buggy doors...

Wow. I'm blown away. Seriously.

One day, FPS games will stop sucking - and they will stop coming up with A.C.R.O.N.Y.M.'s first, and filling them in later. On that day, I will dance. In the meantime, I cry myself to sleep...

7. PharmD macrumors 6502

Played Half-life 2 recently? That game far from sucked. Back on topic, that ladder scene scared the living crap out of me. Decent game I guess, I won't get it just because it's a bit too evil for my liking.

8. Haberdasher macrumors regular

Wow, you've got a problem. F.E.A.R. rocked. Either you have a thing for trashing games or FPS' aren't your bag...in either case, move on.

9. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Yes, you're right. Opening a door and getting trapped inside of it when you close it (leaving you with no choice but to load your previous save file) = awesome game.

Also, when the physics malfunction, and the heads of enemy soldiers merge with the map geometry...that = awesome game.

Indeed. I'm glad we have you on board, number two.

10. Macamus Prime thread starter macrumors regular

Uhm,... you all realize its a demo, right?? I did say there where problems. I did not have any issues, but with ANY demo, problems will come up and are expected.

The only reason I posted about this game was because it really scared me. The mechanics are off. Control felt very flaky. It needs work,... since it IS a demo. At this point, I can't praise or shoot down this game, but I can only recommend you give it a try. It's not some shock value muck-about game like Postal 2.

And, I can only hope it gets better.

11. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

Man Crachoar is from Ohio.. explains a lot..

j/k

12. justinshiding macrumors member

I'm going to have to try this game out. I just built myself a new pc (It's been about five and a half years since I got the last one)...and I've heard nothing but good things about this game. I just hope it's better than doom 3 (which looked amazing, but got kind of tiresome with the "go into a room , then the walls open and stuff jumps out at me, repeat" pattern.)