Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Our lab of 31 eMacs (700 MHz) have joined our lab of Dells and other miscellaneous machines that mc68k and I contribute to the MR Folding effort. Expect to see a nice increase in output over the weekend. :D

Any bets on where the points per week will level off to?

I'll just be happy keeping a certain diminutive canine team from passing us. ;)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I'm glad to hear that the eMacs are folding. We need more Macintosh representation. Hopefully, this will help hold back the barbarians (a little while longer).

ecino1

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2002
Canada
huh?

Am I missing somthin? What is folding? Please let me know as i've seen it talked about here before but have no idea what it is. Thanks.

yzeater

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2002
How fast would the cray be able to fold? I think it's 8 500mHz CPU's and 32 gigs of ram..

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Very Good News Rower! Im glad the new Lab of eMacs as come to the rescue!

yzeater, as soon as you have that Cray folding some WU's please benchmark it for us. It will be pretty interesting to see how fast does it go!

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by Tiauguinho
Very Good News Rower! Im glad the new Lab of eMacs as come to the rescue!

yzeater, as soon as you have that Cray folding some WU's please benchmark it for us. It will be pretty interesting to see how fast does it go!

My best guestimate Insane. :p

Yeah I'm doing my small part, over the weekends I leave my comp on, and every other night I leave it on so maybe I will get over (2?) lol.

Yeah the cray system would kick, heck anything we can get to hold off The Intel Using AMD XP users. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.