f.lux not working with SSD's?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Khryz, Mar 29, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

I recently upgraded my stock HDD to a Samsung 840 SSD, which is a clone of my original HDD. Ever since I installed the SSD, f.lux no longer works.

It tells me it is at 2300K (the Candle setting) yet it is bright as when I move the slider to the complete end of the spectrum. Nothing changes between Daylight and Sunset. Un-installing and re-installing multiple times have done nothing too.

For those with SSD's, does f.lux work for you?

2. macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

Working fine for me with a home brew fusion drive, i didn't clone and restore that way however, i fresh installed everything for a cleaner machine, time consuming i know, but less chance of hiccoughs like this happening i feel.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think I may do the same actually. I'm in the process of moving all important files to an external HDD and then I think I'll do a clean ML install and then move just what I want back. Is that what you did?

I really need f.lux as it helps so much with my eyes and sleeping when I use my computer at night, plus just starting from scratch is good too.

4. macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

witout flux my eyes would be ruined, i had no idea how big an impact it actually made, initially i started using it on my iPad because it was too bright to read books on in bed under just the backlight (even on minimum brightness) and i was so impressed it is now installed under windows and Mac OSX on all my home systems.

When i put my SSD in i also removed the supadrive and dropped a caddy in its place for the old hard disk, then i booted of a ML USB key and created a new Fusion Drive. I just re-installed all my software from the network Drobo as a clean install

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I fixed the issue and I have no idea why this fixed it .. but I just logged out of my user account and logged back in and it was instantly working. Very strange.

6. macrumors 6502

Quotenfrau

what's that good about f.lux? Didn't know before..