F~R~I~E~N~D~S

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sweetfeld28, May 4, 2004.

1. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

I was just wondering how many people watch friends, or who is going to watch it on Thursday? Who thinks that Ross will propose to Rachel?

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'll probably watch it - my wife loves the show and she'll have it on regardless.

As for what happens - I can't imagine that they'd let Ross and Rachel go their separate ways. I'm sure a lot of it will be tying up the loose ends, setting up for Joey's show - and Ross probably gets a job in Paris, or a dig or something.....

D

3. Sweetfeld28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

thats what i was thinking. if rachel goes to paris, ross will go with her; the end.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Can someone tell me what the fudge is going on on Friends right now? I don't regularly watch the show, but I'm generally curious because I was a fan when I was......16 or so. Not only am I in Australia right now, but I live in the bubble that is student residence at Uni, where you're always cut off from the rest of the world.

I know that Chandler and his annoying wife (what's her name?) bought a house in New York State somewhere, and Phoebe is basically married to some dude, and Joey didn't hook up with Rachel (too bad, buddy). That's all. Anything I missed?

5. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I'm a big fan, try to watch it everyweek but lately I'm never home. I've missed to much to know whats happening in the last season

6. Sweetfeld28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

Basically, you know as much as i do. I think that, or around there, was the episode i watched last. Someone told me that on the last episode, rachel told everyone her good byes for her trip to paris (new job?), except ross. So, he confronted her and asked why she hadn't said good bye to him. Then they exchanged gum (made out). Then that was where it left off, leading up to this weeks 2 hour final episode.

7. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

my wife loves friends. as part of a gift for her I downloaded every friends episode ever made. burned them all and gave them to her. she was nicely shocked :)

It took me about 5 weeks to get them all. I got from the very first one to the 10th season 6th episode (current one at the time). I have also been getting the new ones since then. about 230 so far. about 24 GB :)

I have to admit that all the downloading lead to me watching a bunch myself when I was bored. I started to like it. I seem to like the first 2 seasons the best.

8. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    my wife and i used to love the show...but the last 2 seasons the writing has been horrible and the characters have turned into absolute morons. monica is now a shrew, rachel is a crappy mom and ross has the iq of a loaf of bread.

they should have ended it before it jumped the shark.

9. iBook macrumors regular

Wrapping up "Friends" is a tough proposition. As a writer, I really empathize with the writers. The show has a lot of fans and a lot of people will want the will-they-won't-they question to be resolved in a way that's credible and "satisfying." If Ross and Rachel stay together, it's got to be believable; if they go their separate ways, it's got to be with a felt angst like in "Casablanca."

10. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I'll be watching... I can't believe it is ending... :(

11. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I'm glad they are ending it w/o it going bad like so many shows do. I believe it has stayed in the top 10 since the first season. But I'll miss it terribly. I have mixed feelings about Ross & Rachel getting together...

12. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I think you've been watching the wrong show ;) How is Monica a shrew?? And Rachel a crappy mom :eek: how can you tell when they never put the baby on the show? Is Ross also a crappy dad? And I think you are missing the point of Ross. He is obviously very intelligent when it comes to academics. It is in personal relationships (particularly romances) that he has the IQ of a loaf of bread ;)

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Ross is dumber than a bowl of jello. I may have missed a few episodes here and there, but I know that much. ;)

14. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Count me out. The show is dreadful. The acting is so hammed, the writing is weak, the plots are patrionising, the jokes are pedestrian and the guitar riff between every third sentence I imagine is the one played constantly in Hell.

My wife seems to like it, so she'll probably watch the final one. I'll be in another room grumbling about falling standards of television and why they no longer make Futurama.

15. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry but I hate that show with a passion.
    Bunch of whiney supposed twenty-somethings complaining about trivial things in life.

16. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

Good Riddance. Of course there will be the reruns, so I'll still be tormented, but that is one pathetic show. For all the reasons listed by savage henry. And more.

17. kevin49093 macrumors regular

What Uni are you attending in NSW?

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^UoW.

And Friends isn't THAT bad. Its heaps better than most shows that come and go because they suck that badly. It isn't something I'd ever go out of the way to watch, but if I happen to be in the room and its the only thing on, it wouldn't bother me in the least to watch an epi. I know the acting sucks. David Schwimmer is a true-to-life jackass who obviously went to the Keanu school of acting, and...."Chandler's wife" (monica?) is my nightmare wife/gf, but the writing itself isn't bad because at least the jokes seem a bit better than any other show that ever tries to copy it. If the show's idea is so obvious and simple, then why can't someone else make a show with a similar premise and make a hit? Because it's difficult to make a show like Friends but with better jokes.

Everybody loves Raymond.....now THERE is a show. Oh, and early Scrubs episodes from year 1 and 2. :cool:

19. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I plan to make snide jokes about it with my guy friends, and talk about how dumb all the publicity surrounding the last episode is, and then go home and watch all two hours of the finale Thursday night.

20. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

I liked the first few seasons, and then it just got somehow - well - predictable.

Nothing like flogging a dead horse...

NEWSFLASH -
    They AREN'T Twentysomethings ANY MORE!!

Let it rest.

:rolleyes:

21. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I thought that the writing was, at least early on, pretty good. But I agree with you about the acting, and I've been wondering what's going to become of the "Friends" after the show ends. It seems to me that Lisa Kudrow ("Phoebe") and Jennifer Aniston ("Rachel") are the only two with the potential to do possibly interesting things in the future.

22. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I'm not going to watch it even though I'm an "above average" Friends fan... I just can't take it!!!! :D

Actually I got hooked on Friends a little before Season 1 came out on DVD. I've just been buying them on DVD since then. I used to watch X-Files all the time and then I bought them on DVD but never watched them since I had already seen them. So now I don't watch Friends 'cause I know I'm going to buy it on DVD. I'll probably buy the series finale DVD and leave it wrapped up until I watch the last season on DVD.

23. ToddW macrumors 6502a

24. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

the show has been quite a downer. it doesn't hold a candle to the level of entertainment it had till the 3rd or 4th season. as a fan i'm sad but i built a tolerance to watch it. i have a bad feeling that it'll end as a lame wimper, ala seinfeld.

now with friends and fraser ending - anyone wonder who will pass the torch for the must see tv watcher? scrubs anyone?

25. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

It was a good show but now it's just getting old. I'm tired of the same old crap every season.

Ross likes Rachel, Ross gets with Rachel, Ross and Rachel break up, Ross is miserable, Ross gets a girlfriend, Rachel is miserable, they're back together, they break up, they have a baby, blah blah blah...ENOUGH!!

I love that show!