F1: Alonso or Schumi

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by knackroller, Oct 1, 2006.

?

Alonso or Schumi for 2006 F1 Driver Championship?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2006.
  1. Fernando Alonso

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Michael Schumacher

32 vote(s)
    64.0%
  3. It will be a tie and they will have a one-on-one race!

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. Kimi Raikkonen

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. knackroller macrumors regular

knackroller

With just 2 races to go and driver points tied at 116 each, who will win the F1 Championship (Driver)?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

3. auto1 macrumors newbie

auto1

Such will be the pressure at Suzaka that both drivers will be pushing hard...so i predict that someone will get a DNF, my money is on Alonso to win but as you all know when you are racing Schui the odds will be stacked up against you.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, I agree. I'm not a huge fan of Schumacher, but he seems like a better person than that Alonso prat. Just out of interest, what does happen if it's a tie? A one-on-one race could be pretty funny.

5. tringo macrumors regular

If it's a tie the person with the most races won would win. Right now Shumi has won more races.

6. knackroller thread starter macrumors regular

knackroller

What if Alonso wins the next one, schumi gets 6 points. And the last race Alonso crashes out, Schumi gets 4 points. Then both have same points and same number of wins...... would they then see who has more "second places"?

7. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

Yes, and it would go on like that until they got to 6th places.

Personally, I'd like Schumacher to win FAIRLY. Every time the championship battle has gone this far, he's done something stupid in the last race (knocking Hill off track, trying to knock Villeneuve off). I want him to prove to me (and other F1 fans) that he can win in a fair fight, without cheating.

8. iGav macrumors G3

You mean like 2000? or 2003? ;) :p

9. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I'd have a lot more respect for Schumacher (and indeed Ferrari) if they weren't so snidey about things. In fact the German press have a word (that I forget) for Schumey that basically means that. I understand the need to go to any length to win but there's a consistent overstepping of this mark that I just don't like.

I want Alonso to win this championship.

10. knackroller thread starter macrumors regular

knackroller

Do you think it is a Schumi thing or a Ferrari thing? I mean, any such *issue* with Massa? Can we expect a more "fair" Kimi next year with Ferrari.....
    .... but back to the issue of who will win, I think Schumacher has the slight edge as he is on a winning streak, on the "roll" etc...

11. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I think it's both Schumacher and Ferrari.

I guess we'll see about next year. I'd like to see Todt move aside and let Ross Brawn run the team though.

You might be right there.

12. Glen Quagmire macrumors 6502a

Heart says Alonso, head says Schumacher. At least he won't be around next year.

13. Cube54 macrumors regular

Cube54

Schumi all the way for the WDC win. Count on it! :D

He has no pressure on himself. He's gone at the end of the season. Alonso has, because he's going to McLaren next year (never to win again?). And Alonso considers himself better than everyone else->take note Kimi.

As for SpookTheHamster's statement about Schumi in 96 & 97 not a chance he will try that. No way Schumi will end his race career with a such stunt. But I have no doubt that Alonso may try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

14. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Schmi any day of the week. A one on one race is unlikely. They need exactly the same amount of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places etc to get that.

15. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

We can't be talking about the same Alonso. He's never pulled any Schumey style stunts.

16. Cube54 macrumors regular

Cube54

Not Yet!

But the F1 macho ego of the Spanish *Flea* may be too great to cool-down.

After all his manager & Team Director 'Flav' is not known as a nice guy, except with the Ladies until they are a tad-bit preggy.

17. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

These are racing drivers we're talking about here. It's expected they're a little hot headed. :)

I don't rate Briatore at all. In fact when he lost his cool last weekend (screens on the pit lane went black) it threw the team into the panic that caused that cross threaded wheelnut.

18. thomasp macrumors 6502a

Schumacher - no question. And I usually support anyone but Schumacher :D He'll do absolutely anything to go out on a high and drive as much as possible off his car (but still keep the car going;))

Also, why is Raikkonnen on the poll - he's been out of the championship running for ages?

19. iGav macrumors G3

Haven't seen his little escapades in Hungary then, or Turkey, or maybe at Barcelona during winter testing then. ;) :p :p

20. Cube54 macrumors regular

Cube54

Darn! Lets have 2 polls.

Can't do this here since it' is already is a poll so..just post your replies here please and settle 'it'

If you won a mega-tera-gillion $$$, Euros, Pounds Lottery (what-ever)

Question 1)

What Car Would You Buy?

A) Ferrari
    B) McLaren-Mercedes
    C) Renault

Question 2)

When Driving Your New Car Who Would *YOU* Try To Drive Like?

A) Schumi
    B) Kimi
    C) Alonso

21. knackroller thread starter macrumors regular

knackroller

You're right, mathematically he is out of the running..unless of course Schumi and Alonso get DISQUALIFIED ... hehehehehehe.

22. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Schumi!!! Poor Alonso looked like he was gonna cry on the podium this past weekend. :D

23. mpw Guest

I want Michael to win.

I think it'd be a good ending to an era.......and I put £60 on him to win back in May/June when it looked like Alonso was gonna walk it:D

24. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Schu will take the Championship - I just hope there isn't any controversy surrounding it.

Alonso will be champion again though - he's clearly better than everyone else except for Raikkonen. Too bad he'll be driving a McLaren next season...

25. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Out of those cars, i would go for the Mclaren and drive like Kimi. (His driving style is like Iceman's flying school from Top Gun: Ice Cold)