F1: Montoya and MacLaren split now

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iTwitch, Jul 11, 2006.

1. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

2. xPismo macrumors 6502a

xPismo

I will miss him. JPM: "I have enjoyed most of my time in Formula 1 and I'm grateful for this opportunity to settle my personal life and concentrate on my future career."

Most.

I still think he was held back by his ride. Anyone who can challenge MS is due more than being run out to NASCAR in his prime. Sigh. I'm enjoying this season of F1 a lot and I can't really see this getting better with M$ CPU's, spec tires, and more and more control.

Maybe the spin off series will happen in 2010?

3. iTwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

M$ is doing the software not hardware, and even if it's crap everybody will be in the same boat. Maybe M$ is planning an acquisition, let's hope so.

Funny, but Maclaren were talking about using de la Rosa in France after Indy but before the NASCAR story surfaced. Was the writing on the wall concerning JPM?

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I wonder who among those had to bite down a "#&$* you!" speech :D

5. xPismo macrumors 6502a

xPismo

6. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

i know about all tis move but why isn't he gonna drive this weekend? at least drive to the end of the season...preparing for the Nascar? is that necessary? :rolleyes:

7. iTwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

There's been talk since the USGP that JPM was going to be set down, guess it was true? Oh, it was the incident with Kimi that got the ball rolling.

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'd like to say that he's just going to NASCAR for the money, but I really don't think even Ganassi can beat out McLaren in potential salary...
    I just hope he realizes he won't be able to make a pass around the outside of a chicane anymore, and that he has to drive counterclockwise at Indy again.