F1 Teams Approve Qualifying Change

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, May 20, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Unamiously too :eek:

Although sadly not back to the 1 hour, 12 laps sessions. :(

Back to 1 hour and 1 run (with race fuel) with the order decided by the results of the previous GP.

As long as the Formula 1 Commission and World Council aprove it, then we should see its implementation come the Nurburgring next weekend. :D

Rinky dink link

Thoughts?

2. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

better than a kick in the teeth.
    too bad for the fuel. we will not know who's fastest.

3. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

I'm so bored with F1 - I don't watch it any more. More rule changes to try and make it interesting. They should let them evolve so that the strongest survive and the fastest win.

4. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i wish they would just get their plans straight and keep it that was its getting a bit silly how they cant make their mind up now. they must have changed it about 5 or 6 times now in the past few seasons.

5. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

Here we go again! :rolleyes: Back to the days when Coulthard finishes 14th on the grid every week because of some kind of a mistake, and Michael ends up pole (or thereabouts) because of his neat driving. At least it all finishes on a Saturday.

6. bartelby macrumors Core

I was thinking how we'd be back to the days of Ferraris being back on pole every GP.
    Then I remembered how Sh*t both Rubens and his team mate have been during the low fuel session so far this season.

I still think Fisi and Alonso will be the main Pole winners for many more GPs.

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    man i dont even watch anymore :( and with the rule changes i can hardly keep up with them

8. brap macrumors 68000

Wow, a return to a slightly less crap format. P***ing in the wind.

9. JupiterTwo macrumors 6502

JupiterTwo

I think it's a good move to go back to the one hour one lap sessions. The two day thing, especially with the 2nd session a few hours before the race was ridiculous. It made a mockery of the 1st session. At least this way when you tune in you get to see the action, rather than seeing the first half and then being told about the 2nd half by some half-wit.

I agree with iGav - they should go back to the 1 hour, 12 lap event - more so now they've gone back to restricted tires. The drama and gambling that went on in deciding when was the best time to go out was great - it made much more of an event to qualifying than what we have now. It even gave Coulthard a chance ;).