F11 Key stuck

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rapps, Aug 31, 2004.

1. rapps macrumors regular

Hey,
    My laptop is only 2 weeks old and I already had to send it in for a logic board problem. They quickly fixed it and returned it....but now the F11 key is much harder to press down. For expose...this is a pain. I know I can change the F11 key to a different assigned key, but why should it be "stuck" already? Is there any way I can fix this myself...or do I have to bring it in again?!

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Anywhere near an Apple Store? This might be something they could fix locally in a few minutes.

3. rapps thread starter macrumors regular

I just went out of town and won't be back for a month....

I guess I'll just live with it...and then bring it in to them when I get back.
    Hopefully they won't blame me for it.

4. dontmatter macrumors 6502a

The keys sit on odd little plastic nipple thingy's, and with the right trick, just pop right off. I know because I had the same thing, minus the logic board, and i took my computer into the apple store. The guy popped the key off, and put it back on, and all has been well ever since. Don't quite remember what the trick was, though.

5. im_noahselby macrumors member

Weird, the F11 key on my 12" PB also is hard to push down. I've thought about bringing it into an Apple store, but it's such a minor thing, I don't really think much of it. Afterall, the key still works and all...