Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mindsetmusic

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2014
That is nothing. My facebook on my 4 is taking up 2.8gb while fb is only suppose to be 124mb app... So fb eats a total of 2.9gb and I'm trying to figure out another method other than deleting the app

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
The Facebook app has been garbage for years.... You're better off using the mobile version or just deactivating your account.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Apple automatically clears caches if they are put in the right place. Facebook put it under library where it won't be touched. Facebook bug.

Bug or feature that is beneficial to FB?

Ah well, I refuse to let FB have an app on my phone. I just don't trust them with an app on my phone. Their mobile website works just as well.

Reactions: Misha33

Misha33

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2017
I don't have anything constructive to add to this post other than a point of clarification that will help anyone who wanders in here:

You're referring to the Facebook app's local storage usage on the phone, not Documents & Data usage, which is unique to iCloud, and of which, the Facebook app appears to use none.

Again, he's referring to local storage, not Documents & Data usage.

Nope, the op is referring to documents and data. It's there in my ios device today. Fb takes up 166MB and the documents and data increases the more I use it tk the point I have to delete it and reinstall it.
[doublepost=1485008740][/doublepost]
Apple automatically clears caches if they are put in the right place. Facebook put it under library where it won't be touched. Facebook bug.

Yeah right, that's no bug

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
The information is still relevent and helped me. Stop being so negative.
Pointing out a fact, i.e., you resurrected an old thread, is not negativity.

Facts are neither negative or positive. How we respond to facts is where being negative or positive comes in to play.

You responded to this fact (you resurrecting an old thread) being pointed out to you with an admonishment.

So who is really being negative here?

Misha33

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2017
I felt I did need to post. The statement made was wrong. I corrected it. It may help people who had a similar issue to me.
[doublepost=1485056512][/doublepost]Seeing as neither comment added anything to the post and only served to show their displeasure at an old post being ressurected, as it was put. I'd have to stick with my first answer,

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I felt I did need to post. The statement made was wrong. I corrected it. It may help people who had a similar issue to me.
[doublepost=1485056512][/doublepost]Seeing as neither comment added anything to the post and only served to show their displeasure at an old post being ressurected, as it was put. I'd have to stick with my first answer,

Your time here is going to be quite interesting. Nothing we said was negative. If I didn't post it was a 2.5 year old thread others may have come in trying to help the OP. Also you are posting information on an outdated thread. So 2.5-6 years ago when the thread was original created the part you quoted might have been correct.

Additionally I must point out for a second time. Nothing you said is helpful to others. You said no it's not a bug.

Misha33

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2017
I was referring to my first comment and not the second. I'd have to point out that your opinion is just that, your opinion, you speak for yourself and nobody else...so who knows...I found some of the information helpful 2.5 - 6 years later maybe someone else will.

And nothing you said was negative.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I was referring to my first comment and not the second. I'd have to point out that your opinion is just that, your opinion, you speak for yourself and nobody else...so who knows...I found some of the information helpful 2.5 - 6 years later maybe someone else will.

And nothing you said was negative.

So now you are contradicting yourself? I posted it was a 2.5 year old thread. Someone said it was actually 6 years old. Then you said "stop being so negative."

Reactions: eyoungren

Misha33

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2017
Okay...I'm a little bored and confused now...you're obviously more committed then me to your crusade...I'm going to watch the monkey king.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Okay...I'm a little bored and confused now...you're obviously more committed then me to your crusade...I'm going to watch the monkey king.

So your confused because you said you didn't say I was being negative but I pointed out that you did? Hmm. Again your time here will be interesting. For the record I'm a stickler for logical fallancy.

Misha33

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2017
No, I'm confused because you are confused. I never said you said anything negative. I said stop being negative because that's how I construed your actions of posting the obvious.

deano1972

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2016
United Kingdom
Nope, the op is referring to documents and data. It's there in my ios device today. Fb takes up 166MB and the documents and data increases the more I use it tk the point I have to delete it and reinstall it.
[doublepost=1485008740][/doublepost]

Yeah right, that's no bug
This might help you, ..

You don't have to delete the fb app and reinstall it to reduce the amount of storage the app uses. Simply log out of your account in the fb app, close the app in the app switcher then relaunch it and log back in again. You should now have gained back any excessive storage space the app has been using.

I do this this every few weeks to prevent the size of the fb app growing out of control, and it's less extreme than deleting the app and reinstalling.

Cheers

Reactions: JacobSyndeo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.