Facebook and Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Meyvn, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Meyvn macrumors 6502

I cannot log into Facebook via Safari, even with cookies on. It just goes back to the login page repeatedly. Now and then at random, it will succesfully log in, but it's completely sporadic and quite rare.

2. Meyvn thread starter macrumors 6502

3. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Hmm thats weird, I have always been able to and still can. Not to sound typical but repair permissions. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to. All my mac using friends use Safari and are able to login to facebook.

4. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

No issues here. Sometimes fb acts kind of weird, so click their logout button a couple of times for good measure. That seems to always be a good solution.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i just logged on and it was slow and sometimes it would just hang...other then that its been fine

7. Meyvn thread starter macrumors 6502

Repaired permissions, same deal. And I can't click logout twice, or even once, because I can't log IN.

8. justin.knight macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I'm having the same problem... Anyone have any suggestions. I can log in using my PC, but I can't on my mac...

9. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Try deleting your cookies? Resetting Safari? I never had a problem with it and I use Safari. :confused:

10. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I stopped using safari for facebook; it had random, inconsistent, but frequent issues. Firefox FTW.:)

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

it won't work if private browsing is turned on. if that helps at all.

12. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I don't honestly remember the problems I was having. It may have been just signing in, cause I always use private browsing, so that's probably it. :rolleyes:

13. scoopz macrumors member

scoopz

Genius! I was about to start repairing permissions and all sorts then I read your little nugget of gold, why didn't I think about that earlier. Thanks.

14. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

yeh dont use Private Browsing if youre using logins. but MacRumors works with it.

15. sohrob76 macrumors newbie

Cannot login to Facebook.com using Safari

I am having this same exact problem. Before it used to only occur when I had Private Browsing enabled, but now it's the case all the time. If this doesn't get fixed by Apple (or Facebook) soon then I'm going to have to switch to Firefox full-time. I have to say that Apple as a whole is not very responsive to their customers from my experience.

:mad:

16. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Do you have adium running with your facebook account on there? Because if I am running adium, with my facebook account active it will constantly log me out.