Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meyvn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
I cannot log into Facebook via Safari, even with cookies on. It just goes back to the login page repeatedly. Now and then at random, it will succesfully log in, but it's completely sporadic and quite rare.

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
Hmm thats weird, I have always been able to and still can. Not to sound typical but repair permissions. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to. All my mac using friends use Safari and are able to login to facebook.

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
No issues here. Sometimes fb acts kind of weird, so click their logout button a couple of times for good measure. That seems to always be a good solution.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i just logged on and it was slow and sometimes it would just hang...other then that its been fine

Meyvn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Repaired permissions, same deal. And I can't click logout twice, or even once, because I can't log IN.

justin.knight

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2008
Same Problem

I'm having the same problem... Anyone have any suggestions. I can log in using my PC, but I can't on my mac...

scoopz

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
it won't work if private browsing is turned on. if that helps at all.
Genius! I was about to start repairing permissions and all sorts then I read your little nugget of gold, why didn't I think about that earlier. Thanks.

sohrob76

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2008
Cannot login to Facebook.com using Safari

I am having this same exact problem. Before it used to only occur when I had Private Browsing enabled, but now it's the case all the time. If this doesn't get fixed by Apple (or Facebook) soon then I'm going to have to switch to Firefox full-time. I have to say that Apple as a whole is not very responsive to their customers from my experience.

:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.