Facebook and Twitter in NC?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ben123456, Aug 19, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

I have had the beta for awhile but i can't find the Facebook and twitter options for NC did Apple take those out?

2. macrumors 68030

They are gone ever since the first beta.

3. macrumors 6502a

Gone and never coming back. It's not a notification. Might come back in control center.

4. macrumors 6502a

Doubt it. At least not from Apple. I would say once ios 7 is jailbroken. The jailbreak community will find a way to change the control center icons to ppls liken. And that will probably include tap to post to facebook/twitter options. In my opinion of course.

5. macrumors 603

Armen

I would still suggest Apple get rid of the the Missed Tab and replace it with a quick compose tab to let you quick text, e-mail, facebook,twitter, call etc.

6. macrumors 603

I like the missed tab as sometimes I don't want to trawl thru the all tab just to see if I missed a text or something

7. macrumors regular

My prediction: During the iOS 7 announcement along with the new iDevices they'll say "Oh you thought we forgot the social widget. WE DIDN'T!"

8. macrumors 65816

Why would FB and Twitter not be in Notification Centre?? Wouldn't people like the option to be notified of updates in NC?? I think I would and I recall it being there in iOS 6.

9. macrumors 603

Armen

He's talking about this. It's gone in iOS 7 because that is not a notification. It's a shortcut to do something.

[​IMG]

10. macrumors 65816

Oh okay. I get it. But even so I don't seem to get any FB notifications in NC. I'm using iOS 7. Maybe there is a setting I missed or maybe it's cause FB is not optimized for iOS 7 yet.

11. macrumors 603

Armen

Aside from going into notifications, locating facebook and setting up the alert style and presence in NC I don't see what else you could do wrong.

12. macrumors regular

uhaas

I think part of the issue is there are new integrated social services coming online like LinkedIn, 10cent, etc. Do you put a button in for all of them?

Too bad, I used both all the time.

13. macrumors 6502a

Parise

Wtf is 10cent?

And no, you make two buttons, and allow the user to select which one does what.

Apple, this isn't rocket science.

14. macrumors regular

15. macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

That's not a shortcut, if anything you'd probably have to repeat yourself several times.

16. macrumors P6

If anything just use the related app for the update--launch Twitter, tap to post, and post something.

17. macrumors regular

RipeRetina

I've been doing this ever since the first beta but it would be nice to have FB & Twitter in control center at least.

18. macrumors newbie

The same.
    I’m disappointed, I must now tell Siri just « Tweet ». And it shows me an empty Twitter dialog box. But it’s less convenient (and noisy).

19. thread starter macrumors regular

This. Or even Instagram integration for photo sharing. I don't see why it's so difficult to do.

20. macrumors 65816

it's easier than ever to share with iOS 7 on instagram it now even has a square camera that makes things easier. but an instagram shortcut might work for 7.1

21. macrumors 603

Armen

It must be just me but I don't see enough urgency of posting on Facebook or Twitter to justify having those actions in the NC. I'd rather have a quick dial for favorites from there or compose SMS.

22. macrumors 6502

DJLC

I do miss that a bit in iOS 7. I find I no longer update my status with the one-off thoughts I have that I deem worth sharing. I generally use Facebook less.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing.

23. thread starter macrumors regular

I just thought it made it easy to post

24. macrumors 603

Exactly. Just less steps. I miss it, even though I only post once every couple days, but I'll cope.

25. macrumors 6502

Total feels on this, I'd love a place where I can do quick compose for various things, iMessages, Facebook, Twitter and whatever else they can integrate into it.

I at least would love to just have it for Facebook and Twitter, that's how I typically used to update those. The app is buggy and sometimes will crash upon opening, having it baked in made it so much more fluid when I needed to share something.