Facebook App REALLY slow...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wallaceb, Oct 31, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I have the new Iphone 4S... My facebook app runs really slow. I tried deleting it and reinstalling, and that only helped for a short time. I have a strong signal when I use it both on 3G (verizon) and Wi-Fi. Anyone have any tips to help this?

Thanks!

2. macrumors regular

Personally I think the app has multiple issues. I've noticed faster standby battery drain if I don't kill it.

3. macrumors 6502

Yes, FaceBook on 4S is sucking for both me and my wife. About 95% of the time is is painfully slow and non-responsive. Sometimes if I post a comment on a photo for example, it actually attaches my comment to a completely different photo. It's just very buggy. Zuckerberg needs to get his software people in line and put out an update. For what its worth though, FB on my wife's iPad is working fairly well.

4. macrumors 603

This weekend the lag on it on my iPad and iPhone was crazy. I opened up Facebook in my iPad browser and it had no issues. I think Facebook found the four worst programmers they had and said "have fun!" Seriously, people are putting realistic games on these things and Facebook can't get an app to match its website speed? Programming fail.

5. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Its because of all the halloween posts and pics:)

6. macrumors member

Viper3773

7. macrumors newbie

Did anyone figure out a solution to this problem because I am experiencing it as well. There is delayed scrolling and typing. Very annoying!

8. macrumors 68000

nomad01

I'm just hoping for an update sometime soon. Multiple bugs.

Most recently annoying one is when it doesn't update to show new comments on photos/posts half the time even though the notifcation area is telling me they're there. No matter how often I refresh it doesn't update.

9. macrumors 6502

mullman

The latest version of the Facebook app is awful.
    Turning off the location toggle (for the app) speeds it up somewhat since it quits polling your location at every reload, but it is still much slower than the older versions.

10. macrumors 68040

djransom

Yeah the FB app is now slow on the iPhone and iPad.

11. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Very slow for me as well, though I'm on a 3GS which is slow in its own right. The "News Feed" doesn't always load for me, which is pretty annoying.

12. macrumors 6502a

the app is horrible on every mobile platform. i came to the 4s from an android and that version is just as bad.

its funny though because the comments in the android market are all complaining that they want the app to be as good as the iphone version lol.

13. macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Thankfully I rarely use it, but yes, it's like pulling teeth on my 1st gen iPad.

14. macrumors 68040

The Californian

I don't believe they've ever out out a solid app for Facebook. The biggest problem I'm having now (on my 4S) is that often when I click to comment on a photo it brings up the comments and has me comment on a different photo.

15. macrumors 68040

I rarely use it on my phone, but have had the same issues when I do. The last few days it has been horridly slow in scrolling - a device reboot helped.

But what drives me the most crazy is the crappy picture quality on my iPad. I have engadget in my feed and I can never tell what the pictures are, and sometimes i click on friends pictures and they are clear, then scale and become useless.

Ugh.

16. macrumors 68000

iceterminal

17. macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

Just use their mobile site. It has the same layout basically.

18. macrumors 6502

Yeah the FB app is crap, just use the mobile version via Safari instead.

19. macrumors demi-god

Maskusee

20. macrumors newbie

it isn't fast, but I came from android..... so it's better than what I used to.

21. macrumors 68020

jbachandouris

My app kept crashing when I tried to open it, so I deleted it and then re-downloaded it. It STILL crashes upon opening at least once a day!:mad:

22. macrumors 65816

nefan65

Google+? So you can have a circle of no one? I don't know anyone who even uses it. I've mentioned it to several friends/co-workers. Their reply? Blank stares, and "What's Google+?".

23. macrumors member

That's not a solution if 99% of the ppl I know aren't on it lol!

24. macrumors 6502

Facebook app it's the only app I have to kill every time I loaded up, because it drains my battery and RAM if I let it suspend in app switcher.

I can't never change my profile pic in the app cause it it loads up a different pic.

They should've use the resources they used for the messenger app to really improve the man app.

25. macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Try to use the web app. It doesn't have notifications but it feels better.