Facebook App.

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by gc15, Apr 29, 2013.

1. gc15, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013

macrumors regular

I thought thew new version of the facebook app was suppose to fix some of the major problems the older versions had. Sometimes this app never even works for me, for example it just crashes and is just slow. Also at times it doesnt even load updates correctly, like it could update and it will show stuff from yesterday. Im just wondering if everyone else's app is like this as well.

sorry for posting this here, i did not know there was a specific section for third party apps and i will be moving my thread to the correct one. If i could delete this thread i would, if you want just ignore this.

2. macrumors regular

What iPad do you have? What iOS version? It's buttery smooth on my 4th generation iPad; never crashes as well.

3. macrumors 6502

I have the 4th gen iPad too, though I'm having the same problem sometimes, the app randomly crashes... But I'm not too annoyed about it

4. macrumors regular

Hmm, that's odd. What iOS version are you on?

5. macrumors 6502a

ScottNWDW

I am using it on my 3rd generation iPad and iPad mini with no problems whatsoever. In fact, using the Facebook app on my iPad or iPad mini is a better experience then accessing it through Safari on my MacBook Pro.

6. macrumors 6502a

ScottNWDW

I am using it on my 3rd generation iPad and iPad mini with no problems whatsoever. In fact, using the Facebook app on my iPad or iPad mini is a better experience then accessing it through Safari on my MacBook Pro.

7. macrumors regular

I noticed the same issue on my iPad 2, running iOS 6.1.3--locking up, crashing, not opening comments, etc. my iPhone 5 ran without problems on the same version of Facebook. I ended up deleting the app on the iPad and then reinstalling to make work again. So far, running fine after the reinstall.

8. macrumors 65816

johnnnw

I noticed a massive improvement in the update. Try deleting it and reinstalling, that's weird it's worse for you.

9. macrumors newbie

I have the iPad 4 with the newest updated iOS and the newest updated Facebook app and it has crashed on me from time to time.