Facebook not working on iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Theoffice, Aug 23, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I know this is not an Apple issue but is anyone else having a problem with Facebook on the iphone? I cannot access it. I can't even access the FB app to find out what is going on! It just crashes!!

2. macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

What iOS version are you running? Are you jailbroken? Did you recently update your Facebook Application?

3. macrumors regular

Worked fine on my iPhone 4 on AT&T this morning at 6AM CST. Also just confirmed its fine as well. I am running stock 4.3.5.

4. macrumors 6502

It generally works for me (on 4.3.3), but it has always been a very buggy App. For a while recently I couldn't view any of my Notifications. And now it keeps spamming me with some stupid App I should supposedly get. But overall, I'd say it's in a better state now than it generally has been over the past year (for me).

5. macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

6. macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Did you try to force quit then open? The app is buggy period but I dont think it crashes much.

7. macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

This. Make sure to kill it from your multitasking bar and maybe use a memory clearing app like System Activity Monitor to help get rid of it in the RAM area. Might also help to re-install the app entirely.