Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ilja Terzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Does anyone have the same problem with 10.8.2?? I only receive facebook notifications randomly. I thought I would be notified of new incoming messages, but I get notification in only like 20%. Same for wall posts, invitations, etc... Anyone knows why? Anyone has the same problem?

Thanks!

Ilja

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Does anyone have the same problem with 10.8.2?? I only receive facebook notifications randomly. I thought I would be notified of new incoming messages, but I get notification in only like 20%. Same for wall posts, invitations, etc... Anyone knows why? Anyone has the same problem?

Thanks!

Ilja

I think it only pushes certain notifications, not everything. I get notified of comments on my status and posts on my wall.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
I have the same problem. Some messages get through, while others don't. Also, today someone commented on a photo of mine, I got a notification but didn't click on it, instead I went to Facebook manually to see the comment. The notification stayed there for a day and it would only go away once I actually clicked on it, even though the notification was already "seen" by me on Facebook. This is extremely stupid.

It's very confusing and I'd rather check Facebook manually if this is so unreliable. I'd like to be able to trust it so that I don't have to check Facebook, but apparently that's impossible.

Can't it just mirror Facebook's red badges? How can they get such a simple feature this wrong???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.