Facebook on iPhone Here

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 14, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

2. macrumors 68040

mduser63

Seems to work very well. I'll be using it often I think. I hope it does well on EDGE (using it on WiFi right now).

3. macrumors 6502

4. macrumors regular

Lol, I got a "Cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please fix this" style error the first time I tried to log on. Looks good though.

The end of productivity is finally here.

5. macrumors regular

dadsp33k

6. macrumors regular

VERY well done

This is very slick, and a lot better than loading standard facebook on your phone, especially since buttons like Home were midget sized in the iPhone. I only wish it could at least remember my username.

-Brian

7. macrumors newbie

This is very impressive. As a college student, checking my facebook is almost (though not quite) as frequent as checking my e-mail. This will help greatly... especially when on EDGE.

8. macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

I was so excited I picked up iPhone so fast I almost dropped it. Thanks Facebook, I'm completely addicted.

9. macrumors G3

This... this I like. Rock out, facebook! I can finally update my status on the iphone! :p

I love how they take out all the superfluous apps. Yes, I love my LOLCat generator when I'm on my PowerBook, but it's annoying on edge.

Excellent.

10. macrumors 6502

esco

I really like how they handled the friends tab and "touch here to write on the wall"

11. macrumors 65816

I might use that site instead of the "standard" facebook site, even while on my powerbook. All of the annoying apps are removed on the iphone version... that alone is a breath of fresh air!

12. macrumors newbie

Best iPhone App I've seen to date!

Very nice indeed.

Notice how when you go to search, you can scroll through the list just like your contacts, even including the letter shortcuts. Click once on any name and you can go to their profile, send them a message, or, if they have their phone number on their profile, call them instantly.

I think thats great. You can use your facebook friends list like a 2nd address book on your iPhone. Well done FB.

13. macrumors member

I think I'll be doing the same.

14. macrumors 6502

illitrate23

LOL - as someone in full time employment in an office, checking my facebook is almost as frequent (if not more so) than doing any work :)

15. macrumors regular

When are they bringing this to good ol' Blighty? :(

16. macrumors 6502

JMax1

pics?

Any chance of being able to upload/take a picture to it in the near future?

17. Retired

psychofreak

So much for having the "real internet, not the mobile internet"...thankfully the iPhone is so popular that there are websites made to suit it...

18. macrumors member

Wow - just checked out the site and it looks great - first "app" I've used on the phone that feels and looks like the iphone native aplpication. The software developer did a great job on this. Hope others will follow suit.

19. macrumors 65816

Rojo

That's good for the most part, though I admit there will be some apps I miss when I eventually get an iPhone and use this.

What's even more interesting is there seems to be no ads. If more and more people get iPhones, but use ad-less versions of sites like this, it's not going to make advertisers very happy. I guess we should enjoy it while we can!

20. macrumors member

Joe Hewitt, you rock!

I like the iphone better than the full version!

21. macrumors regular

jwa276

Yeah, they did a great job with this web app for the iPhone. It might be the best one yet. It definitely still feels branded to facebook, but the functionality and readability is spot on for the iPhone screen.

I'm not a huge facebook user, but this has got to be the best web app that I've seen so far! The slide animation from tab to tab is so smooth, too!

22. macrumors regular

missing the point

I guess I'm missing the whole point of this but isn't the reason the iphone browser was designed the way it was, was to give users the ability to view webpages as if they were looking at them on the computer? I guess this just seems ridiculus to me. Facebook why don't you make a phone specific version for phones that actually need it, like Palm or Blackberry. That's probably too hard for Mark to handle.

All in all, I'm really excited!

23. macrumors 65816

Your email address is your username.

They do have a mobile version of Facebook. m.facebook.com

24. macrumors 6502

25. macrumors 6502

Magnifying glass DIDN'T work for me while writing on the wall, so you can't correct mistakes, and if you "done" out of it it goes to the begining of the text.... besides that its great.