Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Does anyone here not use Facebook and never have ?

Badagri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
UK
I've maybe posted 5 - 7 times on it taking part in other peoples discussions over the last 7 years.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Only those with something to hide don't use FB. People's lack of FB profile will be noticed by the FBI.
You don't have to have something to hide to not use Facebook. I have one, but it is a giant waste of time and if it weren't for the fact that it's the easiest way to stay in touch with friends in other countries I would delete it.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I have one, but it is a giant waste of time and if it weren't for the fact that it's the easiest way to stay in touch with friends in other countries I would delete it.

... but you do use it, for a specific reason, and that's my outlook on Facebook: it's a tool, that can be used selectively, and there are specific use cases where can be of some value (like you indicated above). It recently provided us with a way to easily share some photos from a reunion, get notification about a pre-sales for a concert, manage a cruise-in event (and easily distribute info, directions, get a head count, etc.).

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
I logged out of facebook a couple years ago and never logged back in, I do however use G+ because I can curate my feed.

Possumgal

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2015
N. Central Arkansas
I started an account at the behest of a friend moving out of state. I never had anything to post and closed it a few months later, once the friend's daughter's account got hacked and I started getting weird e-mails supposedly from her. Sure don't miss it. I feel no desire to be in anybody's business and don't want them in mine.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I don't use Facebook because I have no friends or anything exciting in my own life to share, plus it's quite cool to brag that I don't use it because people will think I'm different from the norm...

Just kidding I use it and enjoy using it as I live far from my family and it helps me stay in touch. I've also rekindled old friendships through it and very grateful for that. I censor things I don't want yo see and customise my feed to make it an enjoyable experience. There's no food photographers and whiners in my feed!!! :)

Reactions: C DM

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
I left Facebook during the Scottish independance referendum. Haven't looked back

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.