FaceTime does not ring

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rainbowizard, Jan 22, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

iPad2 V5.0.1 WiFi only. FaceTime does not ring for incoming calls, have searched for an answer and have not come up with a solution. Mute button is disabled, volume buttons at the max, caller's voice sound comes thru once accepted (if I happen to notice someone calling). Any help is appreciated. Same non-ringtone problem on my parents iPad2. Thanks.

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

problem solved

found a solution that worked.
    Settings->General->Use Side Switch to: make sure Mute is checked, then toggle the side switch button off/on and it should ring on your next incoming call

3. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

Nice going finding a solution yourself.:D

Also nice of you to take the time post it for those of us who might be experiencing the same problem.:D

A pleasure to se someone who uses this site in a thoughtful and helpful manner.:D

4. macrumors newbie

Thanks rainbowizard

Hi, I was going crazy trying to figure out why my FaceTime would not ring on incoming calls. Your solution worked! I have another question for you, my sons iPad Siri only works with headphones with a mic. Any ideas why?

5. macrumors regular

When I go into Settings/General on my iPad Air, my mute button is checked, and I can find no way for it to respond and uncheck. I tap it and rub it, no response.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

6. macrumors newbie

help

I think since upgrading to IOS 8.0.2 on my Ipad my facetime does not ring. I have checked settings based on other threads and cannot seem to get it to ring. Any new ideas what to check? or what settings could be conflicting?