FaceTime: I hear them, but they don't hear me.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sneezymarble, Aug 4, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Today I tried to have a FaceTime chat with somebody, and although I could hear them, they couldn't hear me. The microphone definitely works. I can record voice memos, videos, and make phone calls just fine. Also, in that limbo time after I place a call and initiate FaceTime, but before FaceTime connects, the person on the other end can hear me. But, after FaceTime connects they no longer hear me even though I hear them. It's been a few weeks since I last tried a FaceTime call, and it worked just fine then. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Any ideas?

2. macrumors newbie

the same happen to my 1st iphone 4. i just took it to apple and got a new one

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ugh. I hope it doesn't come to that. I dropped my phone once and the top right corner has some very very minor scrapes, but I could see that being reason enough for them to deny me a replacement. I'm going to try a complete restore. I'm not hopeful, though.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Fail. I got a chance to look at the phone of the person I was trying to FaceTime with and it turns out that they're volume was all the way down. That's why I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me. Glad I checked their phone out before restoring mine. /end thread