Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnn.sj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
So my friend just got a new iPhone SE. We began facetiming (I have an iPhone 5s and i use facetime on my iPad or iMac also)
When we are facetiming and my friend has her earpiece in, i can hear her perfectly but when she is facetiming me and talking without the earpieces, i cant hear her very good. Her voice keeps getting interupted somehow.

Is there any way to resolve this?

evamoree

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2016
Have you tried talking to her on the phone before? This will make it clear whether the issue is FaceTime-only or happens all the time. If it happens even then, then I suspect she has a faulty speaker and will therefore have to take the phone to an Apple store to get a repair/replacement.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
So my friend just got a new iPhone SE. We began facetiming (I have an iPhone 5s and i use facetime on my iPad or iMac also)
When we are facetiming and my friend has her earpiece in, i can hear her perfectly but when she is facetiming me and talking without the earpieces, i cant hear her very good. Her voice keeps getting interupted somehow.

Is there any way to resolve this?

You were not in the same room with your friend that you are Facetiming are you?

jnn.sj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
Yes,

we talk via whatsapp call on speaker perfect.
Also on skype it works perfectly.
Only when we are facetiming and she puts it on speaker, then it begins to fail.

Have you tried talking to her on the phone before? This will make it clear whether the issue is FaceTime-only or happens all the time. If it happens even then, then I suspect she has a faulty speaker and will therefore have to take the phone to an Apple store to get a repair/replacement.

evamoree

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2016
Yes,

we talk via whatsapp call on speaker perfect.
Also on skype it works perfectly.
Only when we are facetiming and she puts it on speaker, then it begins to fail.

This may seem odd but has she tried using a different Wi-Fi? If she hasn't then can you get her to? There's a possibilty that the Wi-Fi itself is the problem (not the connection but Firewalls) and if its not then there's not much else I can suggest other than take it to an Apple store.

Hopefully it is the Wi-Fi that is the problem. If it is, she'd have to speak to her Wi-Fi company about how to remove the Firewall that stops FaceTime fully working (or working out how to enable these ports).

jnn.sj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
No, she lives in another country. But somehow the problem got fixed. Or so I think it is hehe Today we facetimed and it went perfectly. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with her wifi connection or some sort because last week she was complaining about the bad weather and it was around that time that she got her new phone and we began to facetime and today it's actually sunny again and now her facetime is doing well. Maybe her connection was weak from the bad weather and now it's better.
But thank you for helping!

You were not in the same room with your friend that you are Facetiming are you?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
No, she lives in another country. But somehow the problem got fixed. Or so I think it is hehe Today we facetimed and it went perfectly. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with her wifi connection or some sort because last week she was complaining about the bad weather and it was around that time that she got her new phone and we began to facetime and today it's actually sunny again and now her facetime is doing well. Maybe her connection was weak from the bad weather and now it's better.
But thank you for helping!

Yep, I facetime to my brother a few states away and they live out in the middle of no where and their WiFi is not real good. We have trouble at time with the image freezing or stuttering but it is still worth it.

Without Facetime I would not see my brother and he is the only relative I got left. Enjoy yopur friend and have a great weekend!

jnn.sj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
Facetime does come in handy especially with family members that lives far away. Have a nice weekend also!
Take care

Yep, I facetime to my brother a few states away and they live out in the middle of no where and their WiFi is not real good. We have trouble at time with the image freezing or stuttering but it is still worth it.

Without Facetime I would not see my brother and he is the only relative I got left. Enjoy yopur friend and have a great weekend!

Reactions: Newtons Apple
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.