Facial Recognition Website

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nbs2, Apr 12, 2006.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

Mar 31, 2004
    A geographical oddity
    I was watching the ABC News video podcast the other day, and they mentioned the myheritage.com site. It's pretty cool - right now it is in beta, so a lot of it isn't up yet. But, it scans pictures and matches facial features. Pretty cool.

Anyway, if you have sunglasses on, it can throw off the system a little. But, it scanned my picture (with sunglasses), and I was a 52% match (not the best, but not bad) with Woz. I just thought it was kind of funny. I don't know how to screen cap part of the screen on a PC, so I'll try to post a cap tonight.

NB: To keep politics to a minimum, the site is being developed by an Israeli company and uses tech similar to that used at high security events. But, if Mossaud really wanted to keep tabs on me, I think they would have easier ways to do it. So, I figure it's no big deal. But, you do have to register (although there is no need to provide a valid email address for verification).
  2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

Oct 8, 2002
    The Bamboo Forest
    Print Screen and combinations of the CTRL, ALT, and shift keys. That copies the screen into the clipboard. Then CTRL-V it into Paint.
  3. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Or, alternately, capture the whole screen via Print Scrn, copy it into Paint, then cut the part you want and paste into a new Paint pic.

I do that because I'm too lazy to learn/remember screen capture options on Windows. :eek: