Facial Recognition Website

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nbs2, Apr 12, 2006.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I was watching the ABC News video podcast the other day, and they mentioned the myheritage.com site. It's pretty cool - right now it is in beta, so a lot of it isn't up yet. But, it scans pictures and matches facial features. Pretty cool.

Anyway, if you have sunglasses on, it can throw off the system a little. But, it scanned my picture (with sunglasses), and I was a 52% match (not the best, but not bad) with Woz. I just thought it was kind of funny. I don't know how to screen cap part of the screen on a PC, so I'll try to post a cap tonight.

NB: To keep politics to a minimum, the site is being developed by an Israeli company and uses tech similar to that used at high security events. But, if Mossaud really wanted to keep tabs on me, I think they would have easier ways to do it. So, I figure it's no big deal. But, you do have to register (although there is no need to provide a valid email address for verification).

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Print Screen and combinations of the CTRL, ALT, and shift keys. That copies the screen into the clipboard. Then CTRL-V it into Paint.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Or, alternately, capture the whole screen via Print Scrn, copy it into Paint, then cut the part you want and paste into a new Paint pic.

I do that because I'm too lazy to learn/remember screen capture options on Windows. :eek: