FahCore_82.exe Download Failed

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by daveL, May 5, 2005.

1. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

I can't really remember this happening before, but F@H has been trying for more than 12 hours now to download a new core (to me). I keep getting:

Error: HTTP GET returned error code 404

on every attempt to download the core. I've already tried kill the "fah5" process and starting it again, which did start the download attempts anew, but still no joy. Seems odd to be given a WU when the corresponding core seems to be unavailable. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

3. daveL thread starter macrumors 68020

daveL

Yes, and I have been for 2 years or so.

4. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

wow thats weird. i'm not as into folding as i used to be so ive never seen this problem. sounds like something on stanford's end???

i can think of one solution...someone here could zip up fahcore82 and post it. id do that right now but all the folders are at work :(

5. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Process 2 on my G4 is having the same issue

It is getting a 404 error on that process, and it won't turn in my previous work unit. All IP and internet connectivity is doing well. I will see if Process 1 runs into the same problem when it is completed.

6. daveL thread starter macrumors 68020

daveL

Well, after about 18 hours, it finally gave up trying to download the 82 core and went on to a different WU that didn't require that core. It was definitely on Stanford's end. So, I lost a better part of a CPU-day. Oh well. Thanks for the interest, nonetheless.

7. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

i wonder if a single processor machine that repeatedly requests core82 and never gets it just hangs forever?

that would suck for the whole project

8. daveL thread starter macrumors 68020

daveL

The weird thing is that I have never seen a core82 before on any of my machines. I wonder if this is an x86-only core, and the Folding WU server isn't picking up the fact that a Mac has requested the work? Anyway, I hope I don't get another one.

9. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

looks like its a known problem. fahcore82 seems to be a pc only core, ppl in the thread just say to delete it and start over