Failed Supreme Court nominee leaving White House

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 4, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

AP

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Thank whatever gods there are that she's not sitting on the SCOTUS right now.

3. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I think it is a good news that she is leaving. By reading news stories, I think GBW is getting bad legal advise on many programs he is pushing (spying on USA citizens/residents, warrant-less search of mail, and etc). I still could not believe this lady was originally nominated for the Supreme Court. Thank god, the majority has a good sense on this and stop it right there.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Now the rumor is that Miers was deemed too wussy for the expected upcoming legal fights expected to erupt as the Democrats flex their subponea power.

Expect someone who is more of a True Believer in the 'Unitary Executive' theory to take her place.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And now we know who it will be...

Yep, a close friend of Dick Cheney. So you know he'll have a hard-line view of executive authority, even if this article soft-pedals that bit.

The battles over access to information are going to get ugly soon.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm not even surprised anymore. At this point, my expectations are so low, I would only be surprised if they did something right. Good way to mess with us if they did that, but somehow, I don't see it.