Faint white spots on LCD display of Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by MGLXP, Sep 3, 2006.

1. MGLXP macrumors regular

Hi,

I have a few faint white spots on the LCD display of my Macbook Pro. I had similar problems with a previous Powerbook G4. The white spots are about the size of a Canadian nickel and are right in the middle of the display. They are most easily visible with a light grey or white background. Since they are in the middle of the display, they are quite annoying. I already tried cleaning the screen many, many times.

I tried to call Applecare but they wouldn't even listen what I had to say since I was outside the 90 day phone support. It felt like they were trying to push the extended Applecare down my throat. I was under the impression that the Macbook Pro had a warranty of 1 year; but if they won't listen to what I have to say, how can I get them to do any warranty service on my laptop?

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i think 90 days is about phone service. so you might just take it to apple store.

3. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

You must not have made yourself clear. You can call Apple anytime for one year if it's about the warranty.

4. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

5. MGLXP thread starter macrumors regular

I described the problem to the CSR but she said that she could not do anything since I was past the 90 day phone support period and that the problem could be software (which I don't see how; she even said that it was probably hardware!) which would require me to buy the extended Applecare warranty or pay $59 for a one-time incident charge. I explictly told her that the problem was hardware but she kept insisting that it could be software thus I would have to pay for the warranty or the $59 for her to "diagnose" the problem. I don't really know what to do since I thought I could call if the problem was strictly hardware. Any comments on how I could approach this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

6. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

I'd go ahead and get AppleCare...a three year warranty is a pretty good thing. I'd also take it to an Apple Store adn see what they say.