Fairfax County Schools PE: The Richard Simmons Workout

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by POHeerwig, Feb 20, 2007.

1. POHeerwig macrumors member

Jan 4, 2006
    My kids go to school in the Fairfax County school system; harked to be one of the 'best school systems in the nation'.
    So, my daughter (14) came home today and I was downloading a couple of workouts from Podfitness (another topic - not for Mac yet, but really incredible); we were talking about it and she said they do something similar in her school. They work out to "the Richard Simmons workout". :eek:
    She didn't know who he was...:rolleyes: so I pulled him up on YouTube to enlighten her:D . Aside from laughing at this clip until I had tears rolling out of my eyes...I can not *believe* that they can't find a NIKEGO! mentor or at least come up with something that would inspire these kid-os in a fashionably (no offense to RS, he's done a lot in his day) cool, *reachable* way.

My sister lives near San Diego and brags about how their schools incorporate surfing and rollerblading into their PE. ;) I can now have something to brag about...a bottled Richard Simmons workout! *cough*
  2. ezzie macrumors 68020

Sep 7, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    that is by far the funniest thing i have heard in awhile! :)

what's next? mid-1980's spandex-fest aerobics videos? :D
  3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Richard Simmons! :mad: I hate that guy.

And I have never understood why he's so popular. For an exercise guru, he sure doesn't look fit.
  4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Jun 3, 2006
    One Nation Under Gordon
    There's something not right about that bloke.