Fairfax County Schools PE: The Richard Simmons Workout

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by POHeerwig, Feb 20, 2007.

1. POHeerwig macrumors member

My kids go to school in the Fairfax County school system; harked to be one of the 'best school systems in the nation'.
    So, my daughter (14) came home today and I was downloading a couple of workouts from Podfitness (another topic - not for Mac yet, but really incredible); we were talking about it and she said they do something similar in her school. They work out to "the Richard Simmons workout". :eek:
    She didn't know who he was...:rolleyes: so I pulled him up on YouTube to enlighten her:D . Aside from laughing at this clip until I had tears rolling out of my eyes...I can not *believe* that they can't find a NIKEGO! mentor or at least come up with something that would inspire these kid-os in a fashionably (no offense to RS, he's done a lot in his day) cool, *reachable* way.

My sister lives near San Diego and brags about how their schools incorporate surfing and rollerblading into their PE. ;) I can now have something to brag about...a bottled Richard Simmons workout! *cough*

2. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

that is by far the funniest thing i have heard in awhile! :)

what's next? mid-1980's spandex-fest aerobics videos? :D

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Richard Simmons! :mad: I hate that guy.

And I have never understood why he's so popular. For an exercise guru, he sure doesn't look fit.

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

There's something not right about that bloke.