Fairly simple new Dock feature.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Galaxas0, Mar 5, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Instead of control clicking a dock item to show context and expose menus, you can now two finger swipe when mouse hovering on the dock icon. Nifty much?

2. macrumors 6502

brijazz

Neat :) This is a great example of one of the little "elegant" touches that I adore about OS X. I'm really looking forward to the increase of gesture-based input with 10.7.

3. macrumors 603

Warbrain

Drives me nuts when it happens. I'd rather it not.

4. macrumors member

This is yet another hint that iOS is going touch based! You only have to swipe one finger up. It would feel natural to do this on a touchscreen!

It also works when opening folders on the dock.

5. macrumors 6502

xper

iOS have always been touch based only

6. HEB
    macrumors member

I'm pretty sure he meant to say OS X ^_^

7. macrumors 68040

In this case, it’s already there with the gestures support. If they ever plan to introduce the touch-screen iMacs/MBP (not likely after Steve Jobs already mentioned that it is hard to touch the screen all day), the screen can just be a giant trackpad.

It’s much more feasible to use the trackpad as the primarily method of interacting with your OS than to touch your screen all day long.

8. macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to discover in which direction to swipe those two fingers of yours as there are only 4 directions.

Nevertheless, I'll make new readers' discovery quest a bit easier by saying that it's "two-finger swipe-up".

9. macrumors 6502