Fake Earpods. Experience?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Orange Furball, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Maybe this is the wrong place to post this, sorry if it is, mods.

Any who, in my late night, sickness induced haze I began to browse eBay. That was when I looked at some chewed up earphones sitting next to me (darn cat!) And then I had an amazing thought (and $10 in my PayPal balance)

FAKE EARPODS. Cheap, they will obviously get chewed up by my feline friend, and gives me a chance to try out that new shape.

Well a quick search and an auction with 3 minutes left and the end result is a purchase of fake Earpods.

Anyone have any experience with them? I'm hoping they sound as good as any other $10 headphones. How do they compare to real ones?

2. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I got 5 pairs of fake EarPods off nomorerack.

Never again.. The sound quality is NOTHING compared to the real thing. I bought a few extra pair to stash in a few places in case I ever forget the real ones.

They're not terrible, but try not to compare them to the real thing once they arrive... You'll be sad.

3. mackandproud macrumors 6502

4. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Don't they come with a case? :p

5. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Are they comparable to the old apple earbuds? That is what i have been using.

When I want good sound quality I have over the ear headphones, these are just extra ones

They come with it. Maybe that'll stop the cat...

6. wxman2003 macrumors 68020

7. mackandproud macrumors 6502

You don't need to use the original case: I haven't as I haven't bothered to learn the 'trick' of how to wrap and replace. Any case will do, as long as you use it, such as an altoids tin.

8. mackandproud macrumors 6502

I never use it. It's just too involved a process getting it back in the case and then back out.

I'd prefer to use something where I can just dump the 'pods in and take them back out again.

9. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

This. I will not use my FakePods case at all.

Maybe I'll buy a Beats tours bag and take out the clip, then sew a new little bag. Though if I went through all that I would probably buy some real Earpods.

Decisions decisions...