Fake iPod accessories

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AppleMatt, Jul 23, 2004.

1. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

2. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Hopefully people will also realize that the packaging is nothing like what Apple uses.

4. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    You know, if I came across this on eBay, I wouldn't give it a second thought, mainly because the iPods ship with such great headphones to begin with I'd only consider investing in one of those serious "noise cancelling" sets for mine.

Now that folks have pointed out that it's a total fake, I'd *almost* consider bidding on it for $10 just to have a souvenir for laughs. I might also consider sending a photo of it to Apple legal to test their reaction as well... :D

5. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Have you read his feedback? The words "con man" leap instantly to mind. The way he smooths things out with angry customers is to call them names. It's pretty entertaining to read. I wish I had more time.

So my guess is that those are the cheapest white headphones he could find, and he printed up some labels for them. Based on his overwhelmingly positive feedback I'd say he'll sell some and have happy customers. All that means is that 98.4% of people are idiots.

6. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

7. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

I don't know why some one would go through all that trouble for a small scam. It seems like a lot of work to get a few dollars (or pounds in this case). Not that I think what this person is doing is right, but it could be a whole lot worse.

8. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

But enough little scams work out to a living. I scam $2 off you today and it's no big deal. But I scam 20 other people for $2 as well and I'm up $42 on the day. Not bad.

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

You got to admit that they sort of look like iPod headphones. :rolleyes:

10. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

as in cheap and plasticky?