Fake Ipods & PSPS on ebay? whats going on?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by memphis2000, Dec 13, 2006.

1. memphis2000 macrumors newbie

Hello, im a new member to this forum and id like to show you very odd electronics on ebay? These people who make these devices are nuts!One of the photos appear to have "Ipod Firmware on a fake ipod nano, how the heck
    could they transfer the ipod firmware on a piece of silicon crap? Heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-BLACK-4GB-MP...0QQihZ007QQcategoryZ73839QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They copied the ipod nano picture thats on the real nano box. These chinese products so called a "Ipod" , these companies are ridicules

Attached Files:

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

3. memphis2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh ya

it was on ebay, apparently the man who was selling it said that you would get a giant ipod shuffle with a hottub, he sold the giant ipod with a hottub for

68.00 US

4. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

That "POP" or whatever actually just has a little monocrome screen, the blue is just a piece of plastic, that middle bit is the screen. What crap.

5. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

But it has a radio!!!! :D :cool:

6. memphis2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

the Pop thing you were referring to has a chinese radio, my friend bought one and he heard chinese language and in the instruction manual, it has pictures of missing chinese kids and the batteries leak.

7. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

er... i dont think in the ipod imitation one, they called their product ipod... altho they made a comparison to ipod nano (and yes, pretty much copied the form factor of ipod)

and the radio part? unless you are in China, most likely you won't randomly go to a channel and you hear chinese radio... and radio certainly don't broadcast instruction in chinese (and assuming you don't understand chinese, how did you know it's instruction?)

i dont like these products either.

8. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I like how they mention that it's "flat screen." I sincerely hope it's a flat panel, because even a flat screen CRT would make for a rather bulky MP3 player. :eek: :D

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Is that a big shuffle or a very small hot tub?

It does seem totally off the wall to show it like that, like putting pugs in a punchbowl. (If one of those pugs is named "Spike", then somebody spiked the punchbowl. Tee hee.)

And isn't it a bit ill-advised to put your iPod underwater?

10. memphis2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

doctor Q, yes you are right, but if it is real, then it must be heavy, besides putting a ipod in a hot tub could corrode the battery, anyways though it is probably inflatable

11. memphis2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

I learned chinese by school, but im not related to chinese people. The missing children on the manual are dead. This toy was made in 2003, the children died in 1997. It appears that also that there is a website mentioned in it, but the link is dead, but i did get to see the website, it has a popup that has a countdown box that says these children will die in 1200 hrs for example